cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax can't find record on me. Will it affect my mortgage application?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax can't find record on me. Will it affect my mortgage application?

As I know usually mortgage lenders pull all 3 credit reports (TransUnion, Experian and Equifax), then ingore highest and lowest scores and go with middle one.

In my case I have excellent scores from TransUnion and Experian.  But I do not have credit report / score from Equifax. It's some kind of technical issue on Equifax side, I fight with them for a whole month and it seems I can't do anything about it.

I wonder how lender will handle such case. 
Will he treat absense of report / score as lowest score, ignores it and uses lowest out of two available?

Or will he treat it as potential risk and increase rate or even deny my application?

If anybody has some knowledge on this topic or experienced similar issue I would love to hear your input.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Equifax can't find record on me. Will it affect my mortgage application?

Last time I heard about this kind of thing (no report or missing items) about Equifax it turned out to be a split file. Research in the search box in the Rebuilding forum for "split file" and answers should pop up about how to fix it. 

I don't know if lenders can work with 2 out of 3 scores. Probably, but one of the others will have to jump in with an answer.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

StartingOver10,

Thanks for your reponse.
I didn't hear "split file" term before.
Found couple of topics related to this issue. This could be a reason of my issue.
Will try to call Equifax again.
I will post response here if it get resolved.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to solve issue with Equifax by submitting complaint to Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.  

Link to their website: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/getting-started/

Message 4 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I was able to solve issue with Equifax by submitting complaint to Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.  

Link to their website: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/getting-started/

Wonderful! Thanks for posting back.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I just submitted my complaints with Equifax not being able to locate my files. Hopefully this will resolve the issues.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.