Regular Contributor
camilleandbella

Escrow Check

I placed a contract on a house and it requires  $1000  escrow check to be submitted.  Is that check cashed when the offer is accepted?  or at Closing

OnMyWayAlso

Re: Escrow Check

It will be cashed before closing. It all depends on the seller. In my case I placed a bid on a foreclosure and handed my realtor $1000 check on 08/05. My realtor held the check for me. When he submitted my offer he made a copy and faxed it over to the seller'r realtor. My offer was accepted on 08/15 and then even after it being accepted, it still was not cashed. I received an head's up e-mail from my realtor in September that he was going to deliver the check to the seller. I hope this helps.
Senior Contributor
mickie08

Mine cleared my account 3 dyas after opening escrow.  Make sure that you have $ to cover it and do not ask for them to "hold" the check.  They will consider the fact that you do not have the 100 ready to go as a sign that you are not ready to purchase the property.
Regular Contributor
Donna1966

You should ask your realtor.

We had to present a $500.00 within 3 days of acceptance of offer.  They cashed it within 2 days.

We will get it back in the form of a $500.00 check from their attorney at closing.
Regular Contributor
camilleandbella

Thanks everyone.  That was helpful. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}