tag
cliccmade
Contributor

Escrow City Here We Come!!!

Got full approval from a manual underwriter 8/01/2008

Offer accepted 9/2/2008

Close date 9/26/2008

Here comes the doom lol.

Got an alert yesterday saying the bank is going to add a 60 day late to my file. I go balistic! I can't believe this is happening. Who? What? Where? Why?

Dammit!

So I calm down.

Should I be sh!ting myself?
CH 7 filed 2/24/14 TU 572
Discharged date: 6/06/14
$500 Secured USBank Platinum
$700 First Premier Bank
$2000 Merrick Bank
$1300 Fingerhut
Goal 620 by 12/1/2020
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Escrow City Here We Come!!!

What bank? For what? Were you really 60 days late?

Good luck! Doesn't sound like it will hit soon enough for the underwriter to see. I hope!
Message 2 of 6
cliccmade
Contributor

Well I got the alert yesterday so Im thinking if they pull a report tomorrow it would be on there. Am I wrong?
$700 First Premier Bank
$2000 Merrick Bank
$1300 Fingerhut
Goal 620 by 12/1/2020
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, it would be on there. I'd definitely be concerned in your shoes - is it a legitimate 60 day late? Was there a 30 day late reporting beforehand? A current 60-day late when you're trying to close on a mortgage is indeed a pretty big deal and could be a deal-breaker...if I were you I'd be calling the lender, bringing it up to date, and begging them to report it as current. If it's not your account, then you need to dispute. What was the score impact, according to your alert?
Message 4 of 6
cliccmade
Contributor

Disputed with experian today!! It clearly was on the file. Im getting nervous. I called Arizona Federal and demanded they update the item immediately. They declined. Claimed just because I have auto pay set up and they didnt use it they were not at fault. **bleep** that burns my chaps!
$700 First Premier Bank
$2000 Merrick Bank
$1300 Fingerhut
Goal 620 by 12/1/2020
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, that stinks, and they should be a little more flexible if it was indeed their mistake, but you also need to take this life lesson and learn from it. I have auto-pay set up on many accounts as well, but I check them and confirm the payment each month anyway. To me, auto pay isn't so much a convenience feature that I would rely on, it's a safety measure in case I get busy or absent minded one month and forget to check an account. The likelihood of both me and the payee "screwing up" in the same month is pretty small.

I understand that time is critical here, but if you want it off your report(s) even after the mortgage (assuming you can't get it off now), you may have success down the road with a goodwill letter.

Another option is doing some research into dealing with corporate call centers and try again. A few quick tips:
1. Keep asking to escalate the call if you don't like the answer (ask for their supervisor/manager)
2. Try back another time - a different person on the other end of the phone may be able/willing to help you even if the first person wasn't. Heck, even the same person on a different day may give you different options. Persistence pays off, as debt collectors well know.
3. Be civil with the person on the other end of the phone. It's not their fault that their company screwed up or what the policies are. They're also more likely to want to help you if you treat them like a friend you're confiding a problem in rather than the enemy that caused the problem.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.