Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Escrow question.

tag
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Escrow question.

@aquastell wrote:

Oh the other thing is, financing new construction, your LENDERS are going to have specifications you have to abide by.  How would you deal with lender requirements for permits or inspection if there is no code, no place to file for a permit and no inspector?  I dunno lol.  Because it is so difficult to find certain trades willing to drive certain distances to do work, the process could actually take just as long as the permits and other stuff you already go through.  Trying to get competitive bids for work are fun.  Bid?  Aw hell no!  Eventually and almost inevitably becomes  "You'll actually come here and do this???  You're HIRED!"  lol!

This is hilarious. You are so entertaining. I think that you have the basis for a comedy-bsed book on construction in rural Texas. You are too funny.

Message 11 of 13
stellar
Established Contributor

Wow!  what part of Texas is that?

Message 12 of 13
aquastell
New Contributor

lol!  Sometimes life out here really is just stranger than fiction   :-)   I have muddled through most of what I need done out here either by learning new skills or by asking for recommendations from my mostly excellent truck mechanic.    Good mechanics know all the best folks to do business with.   Finding a good mechanic is the tricky part when you aren't from around here.  If someone recommends their cousin, that generally isn't the right guy lol.    Oh!  I had a tow truck driver... drivin home with my truck on the flatbed with 2 flat tires... "I did work for that guy, don't go there... this guy here on the left, he's fair... but that one there?  He's trouble"  the whole way home lol  :-)    I had called my home warranty company to send someone to come fix my air conditioner, and they sent a guy up from Houston.  He accidentally went back to my neighbors instead of my driveway.  My neighbor runs a hunt camp back there.   Remember, this is rural ... very rural... Texas.   This guy is in shiny black shoes, a tie, you know... here to sell me something, not here to work.  "You know... it looks like they shoot guns back there."  I just about busted out laughing.  Do ya really think so?  Oh MY!  lol.  

Starting Score myFICO 6/20/14: 629 EX 644 EQ 642 TU 1/15/15 Score: 674 EX 674 EQ 671TU Goal Score: 700
1/16/15 TU Lender Pull 683! 2/7/15 BIG FAT ZEROES 4/5/15 680
7/16/15 EX 660 EQ 648 TU 681
Ch 13 BK 12/2009 discharged 1/13/15. No collections. No lates. 1/2014 CAP ONE 49/200/CLI to 550
2/2015: FINGERHUT ADVANTAGE $700, CAP ONE QUICKSILVER ONE $4000, BARCLAY REWARDS $1400 WALMART $800 DELL $2000 AMAZON $1100, EXXON $800, LOWE'S $900 EFCU $2000 ASHLEY $2000
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.