cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Dispute Removal 62 pt increase

tag
Cjoubert1

Experian Dispute Removal 62 pt increase

Hi guys!  My wife is an frequent viewer of this forum and we never post anything; but we just felt the need to post a Alleluia Prasie Report..

We are in the process of purchasing a home, under contract actually. Of course, when purchasing a home, all disputes/dispute comments must removed from all CRs. We were able to do a pay to delete on a medical bill. Equifax, Transunion updated with no problem; however, Experian was a little tougher. My wife got an idea from you guys to call Experian and ask to have the dispute remark removed. Rep gave us no trouble, said it would be removed within 24-72 hours. We have CCT and my wife just checked and the dispute is removed!!! Less than 24 hrs ( we called at 2:30 pm CST yesterday)......Increasing by 62 pts from a 672 to a 734.. My God is so good. I simply told my wife to sit back and watch what God does for us and sure 'nough- He made things happen. Now we just need our LO to repull the credit report..

Will purchase the Mortgage scores tomorrow to see where we are at!

Blessed beyond measure!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Experian Dispute Removal 62 pt increase

@Cjoubert1 wrote:

Hi guys!  My wife is an frequent viewer of this forum and we never post anything; but we just felt the need to post a Alleluia Prasie Report..

We are in the process of purchasing a home, under contract actually. Of course, when purchasing a home, all disputes/dispute comments must removed from all CRs. We were able to do a pay to delete on a medical bill. Equifax, Transunion updated with no problem; however, Experian was a little tougher. My wife got an idea from you guys to call Experian and ask to have the dispute remark removed. Rep gave us no trouble, said it would be removed within 24-72 hours. We have CCT and my wife just checked and the dispute is removed!!! Less than 24 hrs ( we called at 2:30 pm CST yesterday)......Increasing by 62 pts from a 672 to a 734.. My God is so good. I simply told my wife to sit back and watch what God does for us and sure 'nough- He made things happen. Now we just need our LO to repull the credit report..

Will purchase the Mortgage scores tomorrow to see where we are at!

Blessed beyond measure!

Congratulations! Was that score increase on the mortgage enhanced report? That must be a good amount of stress dropped off your shoulders. 

Message 2 of 10
Cjoubert1

Hey azguy13!

I haven't checked the mortgage portion yet. That is the Fico 8 score.. So far my scores are:

Equifax Fico 8- 694...Mortgage 708
Transunion Fico 8- 715...Mortgage 700
Experian Fico 8- 732----Mortgage unknown....kinda scared to check haha

and definitely a huge wait off of my shoulders Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, I have been struggling to get the dispute comments removed. TU and Experian have been giving me the 30 day run around on removals and then claimed it would take another 1-2 months to update it on my report? I am under contract but at a stand still because they will not come off. Do you have any suggestions as to what you said to them? 

Message 4 of 10
Cjoubert1

Hey Sackbasket..

We asked Experian to remove the comments not the actual collection. I'm not sure if the entire collection was removed because I called and inquired only about the Dispute Removal comments or that the medical bill was for $120 and had been closed on the CR for 5 yrs.. Did you go through the process of paying to delete? We also have an awesome LO who requested the letter received from the Creditor and he did a rapid rescore. Not sure if it was me calling to remove the dispute remarks yesterday or the rapid rescore that did the job.
Message 5 of 10
Cjoubert1

FYI- checked mortgage scores for Experian. It went from 670 to 745.. all from having the remarks removed then the entire negative/collection being deleted.

God is good
Message 6 of 10
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Cjoubert1 wrote:
FYI- checked mortgage scores for Experian. It went from 670 to 745.. all from having the remarks removed then the entire negative/collection being deleted.

God is good

Fantastic!!!!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

God IS good!! I'm praying that everything goes well with your home buying process. I'm going to follow your thread, so please be sure to keep us posted. 

Would you mind sharing more details about your profile? Ex- any other collections, late pays, BK, judgments, credit card usage, AAOA?? Any other info you share would be greatly appreciated. We'll be starting the home buying process in under 6 months and we're trying to get all of our ducks in a row. 

Thanks!!! ❤️❤️

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cjoubert1 wrote:
Hey Sackbasket..

We asked Experian to remove the comments not the actual collection. I'm not sure if the entire collection was removed because I called and inquired only about the Dispute Removal comments or that the medical bill was for $120 and had been closed on the CR for 5 yrs.. Did you go through the process of paying to delete? We also have an awesome LO who requested the letter received from the Creditor and he did a rapid rescore. Not sure if it was me calling to remove the dispute remarks yesterday or the rapid rescore that did the job.

Thanks for the reply. I dont have anything in collection its just the comments. I have been in talks with the people who are reporting the dispute comments. They have confirmed to me they have removed them. Should I re contact them and get a letter confirming that to give to my LO? Thanks again!

Message 9 of 10
Cjoubert1

Hey tryingtobefinanciallyfree!

I have no BK, AAoA 5yrs, no other collections, 2% ratio of CC usage, have several credit cards-all reporting $0 balance except one card that's at 11% ratio($140)....no late payments. Firm believer that if I owe I must pay and pay on time! Smiley Happy

Hey sackbasket!

It doesn't hurt to get a letter stating that Dispute Comments will be/have been removed and give to LO. Maybe there is a way your LO can do a rapid rescore with the letter so the comments can be removed sooner than later.

I will do my best to post our progress. LO will be pulling CRs today so our increase can be reflected. You guys have been such a blessing to myself and my family. With God's help I pray we can do the same for others. Until the next update-BE BLESSSED!

Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.