Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expert FHA opinions needed! I'm on pins and needles

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Expert FHA opinions needed! I'm on pins and needles

What do you guys think?:

loan officer said credit 635exp / 655tu / 675eq (bk just over 9 years ago in 12/2000 but that public record is the only thing showing as derog.  everything else is gone).

*myfico score watch says my scores are (680/705/725)

loan: $262k
Down payment: $9800 ($4000 savings / $6000 gift)

reserves : less than 1 month
DTI: 21 front / 35 back
2009 income: $117 k

areas where concerned:
1. 4 jobs in 2 years no gaps, at latest job 1 year exactly. 2007 w2's = $160k, 2008 w2's = $130k.
2. credit card balances near limit (less than 10% avail)
3. less than 1 month reserves in personal savings

(I didn't know the house market would soften up this year so a few months ago in June, car was totalled in accident and had to buy a new car.  Thought i was being financially smart by paying all in cash so completely depleted my savings.  So a really really bad timing with the savings but the opportunity to buy this house popped out of nowhere after having searched for a house an entire year this offer was finally accepted after someone backed out.)

I am dying from anxiety!  Let me know what you guys think!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Expert FHA opinions needed! I'm on pins and needles

Are your jobs all in the same field? The BK shouldn't be a problem, any lates in the last year or two?

You posted DTI ratios so i'll assume you've already figured monthly debts to get an approval amount for $262k.

Credit cards at limit won't be a problem for loan approval as long as it doesn't put your Debt to Income ratio over acceptable guidelines.

We didn't really have any reserves and used a downpayment assistance program so technically we didn't even have the downpayment amount. I don't think reserves is required, it just helps strengthen your file.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.