Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Stay Blues

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Extended Stay Blues

The long days and nights of living in the Extended Stay now beginning to wear on me, as we enter week 2.  A couple nights ago a construction crew, not going home for the weekend, hung out in the parking lot all night and got tore up.  They were loud, and overbearing but mostly harmless, even though they made cat calls at my wife when she returned from the office all dressed up one evening LOL, I didn't say anything.  I accused her of liking it.

My new house is nearing completion, and the agent advised we're looking at a walk through early next week.  The wood floor is in downstairs,  but the carpeting and crown molding is lacking upstairs.  The interior still needs another coat of paint, and the stove sits in the dining room, yet to be installed.  If they wanna walk through by next week gonna hafta to get in gear.

The "processor" emailed me last week concerning the paperwork on one of the 3 conditons UW asked for concering a inquiry that led to a Chase AARP card.  UW wanted to know the details.  I sent a copy of the latest statement from the Chase AARP showing a 20.45 balance.  The "processor" said I needed to "re execute" that letter reflecting a balance because that was on the credit report.

I called him- "you want me to re execute?"  I like that moniker.  RE EXECUTE.

"yeah, the balances are not matching"

"well the UW has April's balance, I sent May's."

"Yeah, but fill out the form saying it has 0 balance"

"if you say so."  I've reached the point  I just go with the flow.  Some of this defies explanation.  I can advise others in the process, don't try to match wits with them, but go along to get along.

We mostly eat out every night.  The Extended Stay has a kitchen thing but it ain't hitting on much, and keeping food in the tiny fridge and cleaning up afterwards just too much trouble.  I can tell that Lil Bit misses Primrose even more than me.  He use to roam freely over the grounds he was born, chasing chimpmunks, squirrels, and birds.  He spent his days patrolling the yard on the lookout for bad guys, and his nights curled on his chair while we watched tv.  Unable to go outside and homesick, he mostly stays under the bed, only coming out when I call him.

We visit the new house almost everyday.  It is going to be a beautiful home in one of the most coveted communities in the city.  We bought here mostly for the location. The meadows, hillsides, and fields behind our home, bring witness to stunning sunsets every evening.  Lil bit will like it.

Been shopping alot also.  Bought new master bedroom stuff.  On primrose I let her do all that kind of stuff, but now I am much more involved and it seems our tastes are not matching in many areas.  She came home with the new linen for the master bedroom.  She bought all new stuff including the mattress things that costs as much as the furniture, so naturally we had to have new linens.  I saw the stuff stacked in the mountain of boxes in the ES.

"So why ya wanna buy camouflaged bed spreads for the master?  I'm gonna feel like I'm on safari when I get in bed everynight."

"Hush its not camo"

"yes it is"

"I like it and it was on sale"

That ended that.  I hope I can get my say on the rugs for the dining, and den.

The agent tells me closing on 22nd, I hope he's right.  Gonna be a long 2 weeks.  I reminded him I wanted good snacks at the closing and not those pens they gave out to frugal.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: Extended Stay Blues

I absolutely love it!!!!

Im sure it's hard being in the ES....just keep thinking about June 22nd. Think about what you are going to wear to closing. And, everyday from now til then, send the LO a different item that you want served!!!
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 2 of 19
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

I think that you're actually starting to like that extended-stay joint! I can sense it ... sorta complaining about stuff you know you like. C'mon dude ... fess up will ya?

Message 3 of 19
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@frugalQ wrote:
I absolutely love it!!!!

Im sure it's hard being in the ES....just keep thinking about June 22nd. Think about what you are going to wear to closing. And, everyday from now til then, send the LO a different item that you want served!!!

Do people actually get dressed up for closing?  I mean sure no t-shirts or whatever, but isn't it sort of too late to make an impression at that point? Smiley Happy

BG: Haha, I will say your ES experience is more entertaining than the ones I've had over my career which were all incredibly tame.  Course my life I've always compared my temporary lodging vs. my apartments, which is to say there's not a tremendous amount of difference.  I can empathize on the waiting, I'm basically a month out from my theoretical closing (7/7) with pretty much everything on my side either scheduled or done, and I feel like I'm holding my breath while life is sort of in limbo.  

I know rationally just looking around my apartment nothing material has really changed at this point, but it's a wierd experience.  Trying to focus on work but more distracted there too... yeah I'm going to be glad when this is over and not just because of being a homeowner I think haha.

        
Message 4 of 19
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Dress up for closing???

Only the agents and the closers!

Here the clients come in t-shirts, shorts and flip flops half the time. Smiley Tongue  Unless they are running in from work to sign.

Message 5 of 19
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Really?

We got dressed up...not in our Sunday best though. It was a big day....we were trying to "look the part". 😊😊😊
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 6 of 19
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Florida is pretty casual...we even have a standard of dress that is more casual than 'causal dress' - it's called Florida casual and includes sandals or flip flops as part of normal attire Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will be shorts and a tshirt for me. My work uniform Smiley Happy 

Message 8 of 19
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

We were closing and going straight into moving mode so I did not dress to impress.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm gonna wear khakis, white shirt, and loafers, in preppie theme. Wife will be coming from the office, so I can't be slouchy. LOL

The samsung fridge is set for delivery on June 23. Master bedroom furniture on the 24th. The all important cable guy on the 24th also.

So they better close me on the 22nd or I gotta make phone calls.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.