Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FED UP !!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FED UP !!

If you've read any of my posts, hopefully you remember that I was "pre approved" for a loan and made an offer on a house.  Paid all inspections, appraisals, etc. and was then denied the loan.

My LO said I had a "strong" file and that she was putting it through another lender as the one that denied was "calculating my income a way she had never seen them do".

Well ...of course, my hopes are not up about being approved.   But everytime I turn around there seems to be something "new".  Some new cost or fee that I was not aware of or told about.

At the beginning of this process, I was told I'd be paying for the inspections up front ...275.00 for the Home Inspection and 85.00 for the termite inspection.   Then I was told the appraisal fee is also paid upfront ...there's another 375.00.   I specifically asked the LO what else was paid up front and not included in / with the closing costs.   Nothing.

Well, forgive my ignorance since I'm new at this, but in talking with her today she lets me know that once we receive the final approval not to forget that I need to get Home Owners Insurance right away and this entails paying for 1 year upfront prior to closing. 

Ugghhh.........is it just me ??   Is it just the LO?     Or does it seem every time I turn around there's something else???
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FED UP !!

It's your LO. 

You should have been told that Insurance was required to be paid in full for 1 year....because they escrow the Insurance by dividing the premium and including it in your monthly payment so you have to pay the first year up front.
Message 2 of 22
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

that is paid at closing... not before.

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Well...I know with my house....I had to pay for home inspection but not termite inspection.  I paid for appraisal cost, and at least 6 months of homeowners insurance before closing.  I know this is very stressful as it is for me too. I am just praying that everything works out...so do the same.  Who knows we both may come back to the forums as new homeowners.

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depending on how much time you have, talk to a new LO.  It might be tight, but seems like someone is not explaining things well enough......No business for them.
Message 5 of 22
mwr1ght
New Contributor

Dallas, you say that you pay the first year of homeowners insurance at closing. Is this money figured into the closing cost or separate? I ask since my closing cost will be paid by the seller (US Bank) It would be nice to know so I can figure on exactly how much money I will be paying out of pocket. I want to make sure I have what I need when I need it. This bit of information is very helpful! Thanks.

Message Edited by mwr1ght on 06-17-2008 02:29 PM
Message 6 of 22
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

mwr1ght wrote:
Dallas, you say that you pay the first year of homeowners insurance at closing. Is this money figured into the closing cost or separate? I ask since my closing cost will be paid by the seller (US Bank) It would be nice to know so I can figure on exactly how much money I will be paying out of pocket. I want to make sure I have what I need when I need it. This bit of information is very helpful! Thanks.

Message Edited by mwr1ght on 06-17-2008 02:29 PM

ask your loan officer if it was figured in your closing costs.

Retired Lender
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing costs, typically listed on GFE.

Message Edited by realworldknowledge on 06-17-2008 02:34 PM
Message 8 of 22
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

remember, this is a prepaid item..... not a closing cost. you need to know the difference and understand whether the usbank is paying prepaids too.

Retired Lender
Message 9 of 22
mwr1ght
New Contributor

Thanks, I will be sure to find out. I have not recieved my good faith estimate. The MB was waiting on the sales agreement before she plugged in my numbers. I expect to recieve it with in the week. I will ask about the prepaids. What are all the prepaids I should be expecting to see when I get the GFE? No one ever explained the prepaids to me.
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.