Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA 203 REHAB LOAN

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FHA 203 REHAB LOAN

Hello to All, I looking for advice in reference to the FHA Rehab loan... Came upon a bank owned house which was in the process of being renovated before the prior owners money ran out.  The current state is all of the walls were gutted and replaced only to the new frames and installation (no sheetrock) the bathrooms and kitchen are at the same state (empty) and the floors would need to be replaced so basically the wiring (electric) was done, all new windows, entry doors, water heater, broiler and roof all new but house is not livable. so my question is, does this house qualify under the 203 rehab loan requirements because when i spoke to the realtor he stated that a few offers failed do to no lender wanting to fund a "shell" home.  any insight will be greatly appreciated!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: FHA 203 REHAB LOAN

From what you've said it sounds like an FHA 203k loan would work, since it sounds like it's more than $35k of work it'd have to be under the full 203k program (vs. the streamline 203k program).

http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/203k/203kabou.cfm

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 3
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: FHA 203 REHAB LOAN

The 203k will work there is a ton of work to do to get this loan and it takes a lot of extra effort. Not to discourage you but dont go in with blinders on either.

The 203k streamline is a lot easier and if you could get the costs to less than 35k to get it done you would cut the extra work down considerably (for qualifying)

Good Luck

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.