Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA Appraisal

tag
CHBH
Established Member

FHA Appraisal

So me and my wife have been preapproved for a FHA 100% financing loan.Been looking for a house for right at 2 months now.Pre approval expires May 11th,but she said as long as we close on a house by June 11th,they won't have to repull our credit to pre qualify us again.Lucky for us,we found a house that is FSBO.We went and seen it yesterday,and we love the house.But neither us or the seller is sure if it'll pass FHA appraisal inspection. Done some research on the internet,and my only concern is that it has 2 baths, 1 is fully functional,and the other is fully functional except the toilet.He saids its all plumbed in and bolted down,but it's not vented so they have the water shut off to it and are not using it,because when you flush it,it bubbles up in the other toilet.

So I called him this morning and asked him to repair it,the seller said that they would just take the toilet out,cap of the water lines and put tile down where the toilet was and just have a bath tub and a sink in there.Do you think this would be acceptable for the FHA apprasial?The seller thinks that since he's listing it as a 2bd 1 bath,that the 2nd bathroom won't even matter.I on the other hand think that if its in the house,it needs to be functional.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: FHA Appraisal

Then it won't be worth as much as a 2 bath house - Not sure that matters or not - and I have no idea whether it's acceptable enough for their appraisal, FHA has high safety standards though.

Maybe instead of buying a house with a broken toilet, you risk getting your credit pulled again if you have to keep looking longer.

Don't settle.
STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 3
CHBH
Established Member

Re: FHA Appraisal

We're aren't really settleing,we feel really good about this house.He's not listing it as a 2 bath house,he's listing it as a 1 bath,but he thinks that since he's only listing it as a 1 bath,then the other bathroom won't be included in the apprasial.This is the only issue with the house that im concerned with.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.