Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA Approved Properties?

tag
chan85
Established Contributor

Re: FHA Approved Properties?

I wish I could. That was why I wanted the assistance program. 3.5% + $5k for closing/down pymnt asst..... Even my LO was like it said FHA financing on the letter, why did no one catch it!?

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 11 of 23
MattieNumNums
Regular Contributor

Best thing to do would be contact the HOA and find out whats keeping them from FHA. It might be tenant to renter ratio, land lease, funding, maint., or just paper work.

Message 12 of 23
chan85
Established Contributor

@MattieNumNums wrote:

Best thing to do would be contact the HOA and find out whats keeping them from FHA. It might be tenant to renter ratio, land lease, funding, maint., or just paper work.

Already put in a call and sent and email. Waiting for a response.....

Current Debt Management:
$10k NFCU

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 13 of 23
MattieNumNums
Regular Contributor

Good Luck!!!

Message 14 of 23
chan85
Established Contributor

Just heard from HOA. Not trying to get FHA approved. Terminating contract this evening Smiley Sad
Current Debt Management:
$10k NFCU

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Message 15 of 23
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry Smiley Sad

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 16 of 23
MattieNumNums
Regular Contributor

Sorry to hear that.

Have you looked into Homepath? Not sure what area you are in but in my area we had a bunch of great Homepath properties and so far its been a smooth process.

Message 17 of 23
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

My heart dropped when I read this.  So sad to read and empathize with your disappointmentSmiley Embarassed

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 18 of 23
chan85
Established Contributor

Thanks guys. Not all hope is lost. Long story short, we are checking to see what the legal description of the property is- condo or townhome.

Condo, we have to terminate and start looking for something else (which we already are looking at listings).

Townhome, we can proceed!

I say everything happens for a reason, perhaps the day after I closed, the pipes would have burst or something....

Current Debt Management:
$10k NFCU

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Message 19 of 23
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I am so very sorry.  However, I do believe that the universe is out there watching over you - and knew this wasnt the right decision for you.  I guarantee you, you will look back and KNOW for a fact that this was the best thing that could have happened.  IDK if that is going to be in a month, a year, or ten, but you will see.

Take all you learned during this long process, pull your socks up, after you have given yourself a break, and get back to it when you are ready.  I'd think about a new agent.  Clearly that person's mistake in my opinion.  Or you can have them take your inspection fee out of their commission and give it to you in cash when you DO close, which you will!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.