Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA Approved Properties?

tag
chan85
Established Contributor

Re: FHA Approved Properties?

@Booner72 wrote:

I am so very sorry.  However, I do believe that the universe is out there watching over you - and knew this wasnt the right decision for you.  I guarantee you, you will look back and KNOW for a fact that this was the best thing that could have happened.  IDK if that is going to be in a month, a year, or ten, but you will see.

Take all you learned during this long process, pull your socks up, after you have given yourself a break, and get back to it when you are ready.  I'd think about a new agent.  Clearly that person's mistake in my opinion.  Or you can have them take your inspection fee out of their commission and give it to you in cash when you DO close, which you will!

Booner-

I am definitely taking this all into consideration. The properties I have looked at to possible go see if this doesnt work out are actually all cheaper than the house I have under contract, so it might be a good financial decision. As for my agent, I am trying to show her a little grace, she handles her mistakes well, and honestly out of the agents I worked with, she is the one I was most comfortable with- she showed me houses literally like 2 weeks after giving birth, showed up prepared and helped me narrow down the list of homes I sent her so we didn't wast time (granted all agents should do this but trust me they didn't!!). I know in ALL my reseach, I never heard anything about FHA approval, and her primary real estate business has been commercial, and I believe she has handled mostly conventional loans, so I understand that she may be missing some of these details that are unique to my situation. If for some reason she messed up and couldn't get my money back, please believe there would be a new agent lined up immediately!

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 21 of 23
chan85
Established Contributor

@chan85 wrote:

Thanks guys. Not all hope is lost. Long story short, we are checking to see what the legal description of the property is- condo or townhome.

Condo, we have to terminate and start looking for something else (which we already are looking at listings).

Townhome, we can proceed!

I say everything happens for a reason, perhaps the day after I closed, the pipes would have burst or something....

Just an update incase anyone cared Smiley Happy

Per the HOA covenants, the property is considered a TOWNHOME and requires insurance for both inside and outside the home, so we are moving foward because the FHA approval isn't required.

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

A conventional loan will be no picnic either. The townhouse association will have to meet several criteria to satisfy the lender and Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. Then there's the pmi company to please too because you'd be putting less than 20 percent down. You'd want to ascertain which local lender has approved and closed other conventional loans on the townhomes in that association.
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.