Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA Bad Credit Lenders

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FHA Bad Credit Lenders

I've looked on the forums for posts about lenders doing bad credit FHA loans. They are all a bit old. I am wondering if anyone has any recent experience getting an FHA loan while they had bad credit and what lenders to try applying with. I've done all the repair I can to my credit, and short of baddies falling off in 2 years, I can't make any other forward progress at this point. I had a foreclosure in 2010, which was an 80/20 originally. The 20% (48k HELOC) still reports on my credit and there's nothing I can do to get the lender to report it as $0, which is the main reason I am getting denied everywhere. I do have a CA reporting for about $3k and a CO credit card for about $4k from the same time period, but everything else has been cleaned up and I've rebuilt credit as best as I can over the past three years. Currently, I am sitting at

MyFico Mortgage Lending Scores

EQ: 612

TU: 552

EX: 602

Any suggestions as to lenders that might be able to help me out? I have no DTI issues, make $100k/yr, I can do up to 20% down, and am looking for property in Minnesota (if it matters to anyone).

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FHA Bad Credit Lenders

There are plenty of lenders who can do FHA loans between 580-620. A large downpayment and your high income will help make your chances better.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.