Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Super Contributor

FHA..... Disputed Accounts & Collections. UPDATE!!!

http://portal.hud.gov/huddoc/12-10ml.pdf

In order to provide clarification of policies concerning Disputed Accounts and
Collection Accounts through future guidance, FHA is rescinding the new
guidance on the following topics in Mortgagee Letter (ML) 2012-3, which
was to become effective July 1, 2012:
Handling of Disputed Accounts, Public Records FHA Total User
Guide Chapter 2, and
Handbook 4155.1 4.C.2.e, Paying off Collections and Judgments.
All other guidance in ML 2012-3, which became effective April 1, 2012,
remains in effect.

* While I try to visit the forum often, please feel free to contact me directly with a link to your post if I fail to answer a follow up question.

* Lending across the entire 'Great State of Texas' (and now Louisiana)since 2004

Valued Contributor

Re: FHA..... Disputed Accounts & Collections. UPDATE!!!

What does this mean? I am in the middle of buying a home...

----- IF you find my post helpful, Select the star in the KUDOS button! Smiley Happy
Starting Score: 512 10/2011 Current Score: EQ: 686 | TU: 689 | EX: 690
In My Wallet: SFCU Visa: $10,000 | UECU Visa: $5000 | WellsFargo: $3900 | Cap1 QS: $3500 | Cap1 QS: $3000 | Cap1 AU: $3250
Regular Contributor

Ok so that means they're cancelling what was to become July 1st, meaning you won't have to have collections paid that are over $1k?

9/1/2012 ...DRUMROLL .... EQ .. 776!!

I'm FINALLY a homeowner .. 10/24/12!!!!

My Cards ~~~GARDENING~~~ BNSF CU ($1000) BOA ($2500) Amazon / GE ($900) AMEX BCE ($2500) Chase Freedom ($3000) US Bank Cash + (7500)
Super Contributor

courtney091082 wrote:

Ok so that means they're cancelling what was to become July 1st, meaning you won't have to have collections paid that are over $1k?

Correct.

Regular Contributor

Awesome!! That should help lots out to get a mortgage sooner Heart

9/1/2012 ...DRUMROLL .... EQ .. 776!!

I'm FINALLY a homeowner .. 10/24/12!!!!

My Cards ~~~GARDENING~~~ BNSF CU ($1000) BOA ($2500) Amazon / GE ($900) AMEX BCE ($2500) Chase Freedom ($3000) US Bank Cash + (7500)
Established Member

It looks like it also changes the handling of disputed accounts.  What effect does it have on that?

Super Contributor

courtney091082 wrote:

exactly.

also rolling back the proposed 'disputed accounts' rule.

* While I try to visit the forum often, please feel free to contact me directly with a link to your post if I fail to answer a follow up question.

* Lending across the entire 'Great State of Texas' (and now Louisiana)since 2004

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

This is great news, in case USDA falls through for me! Thanks for sharing !
Starting FICOs (2/2012): EQ 559 TU 558
Current FICOs (EX and TU Lender pulled 10/6/12): EQ 652 TU 635 EX 647
Matthew 7:1 KJV
Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Contributor

This is great news! I've been keeping a close eye on this, thanks for sharing
Established Member

Keep in mind that every lender has their own set of rules......FHA is only the insurer.  Depending on the lender you still may have to pay down those collections despite the change in FHA policy.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.