cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA LOAN AND CREDIT DISPUTES

tag
pixiefairy

FHA LOAN AND CREDIT DISPUTES

I am so frustrated right now I do not know what to do my lender just called me and stated we can not proceed with the loan unless I get consumer disputes off of the only collection acct I have with equifax... I called equifax they refused to remove the comments I called the OC they said it can take up to 30-45 days which I do not have I am supposed to close at the end of the month this account is suppose to fall off my credit report at the end of May I even offer to pay for deletion they refused.  I filed complaints with whomever I could.  I do not know why they are even looking at an old collection acct i've disputed ages ago

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: FHA LOAN AND CREDIT DISPUTES

Read this thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Best-Way-to-Remove-quot-Account-In-Dispute-quot-for-M...

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
boomhower
Valued Contributor

It's standard procedure, every lender will require all disputes to be resolved before closing.  I'd be furious with your loan officer for not catching this.  Certainly attempt a pay for delete with the recent CO's.  Even if it doesn't affect your loan it's still going to kill you score and credit for another  six years.  Make that a priority.

Message 3 of 5
pixiefairy

Im going to try to call them tomorrow again they may not work with me since I filed a complaint with whatever office I could to try to get the comments removed Smiley Sad it just stinks because that is the only neg account I have reporting on my credit file and its going to be on there until the end of May Smiley Sad but if we do not close at the end of this month I will have no place to live and I wonder how long it will take them to update the pfd they do not have a problem putting in on your CR right away but try to get something off....

Message 4 of 5
pixiefairy

Update on Equifax removing my consumer disputes I filed complaints against them through the FTC, BBB, and the consumer financial protection bureau as of yesterday and today the comments were removed from my file....  They had no reason not to remove the comments and they have the ability to remove it they just did not wish to and I also filed complaints against the OC to the BBB and did a lot of praying

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.