Established Member
monaarts_hotmail

FHA Late Payment Question

Hello Everyone,

Thanks to the help of this forum I have been able to get my credit score from the 590-610 range up to the 640-660 range in a matter of a couple months.  So I'd like to thank everyone for their help!!!

My wife and I want to apply for a mortgage and start looking for homes ASAP but I might have a problem.  I have a 3 late payments on my credit report that are about 1 year old - June, July, and August of 2011 - all from the same auto loan.  The lates technically weren't my fault but they are refusing to remove it from my report.  My question is this:  Do I have to wait 12 months from the last late payment INCLUDING the late payment month or 12 months AFTER the late payment???  Basically, should I be good to go in August or will it be September?  Thanks for your help again, everyone!!!  :-)

- Joe

Senior Contributor
Booner72

Re: FHA Late Payment Question

I think August, but regardless, by the time you find a house and get through everything it will probably be september anyway.

GOOD LUCK!
STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Established Member
monaarts_hotmail

Also, I don't know if it matter but I paid the car off in September (the month after the last late payment on there).  When I apply for a loan though, won't they decline me if the late has been within 12 months or is does it only matter for closing date?  Thanks!

Senior Contributor
Booner72

just be sure it's 12 months post late before the file gets to the underwriter. You won't really get approved until then anyway. Talk to a LO before they pull your credit and explain the situation. If she/he has a fit, call another and see what that one says. I could be wrong but I think it's okay.
STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}