Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA Loan chances

tag
shane1120
Contributor

FHA Loan chances

My fiancé and I will be applying for a home loan around the summer of next year. We just want to make sure we have all our ducks in a row. Please take a look at our information below and let us know what you think.

Credit

My scores –

EQ – MyFico – 686

Trans FICO – 680

EX – 677

Wife’s – 730+

Income – 80k combined. I’m an engineer and she a teacher.

Monthly Debt – DTI is 20%

Cars – 835

CCs – 0

School – 545

Assets – 10k+ 401k and will have 10k in savings at the time of mortgage.

Saint Louis, MO and surround counties

Value

Max of 150K – we were just pre approved with Gershman Mortgage for 189k. That was before paying off all our CCs to 0 so I’m sure it’s much higher now. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: FHA Loan chances

@shane1120 wrote:

My fiancé and I will be applying for a home loan around the summer of next year. We just want to make sure we have all our ducks in a row. Please take a look at our information below and let us know what you think.

Credit

My scores –

EQ – MyFico – 686

Trans FICO – 680

EX – 677

Wife’s – 730+

Cars – 835

CCs – 0

School – 545

Value

Max of 150K – we were just pre approved with Gershman Mortgage for 189k. That was before paying off all our CCs to 0 so I’m sure it’s much higher now. 

Depends on what your cc debt payments were when you were qualified. Is $150k doable in your market? If so, then that is a good thing Smiley Happy  Are homes readily available in your market in the $150k range?

From what I can see with your payments you posted the $835 + $545 is 20.7% of your gross monthly income and that would be added to the house payment to come up with your back end ratio. Your house payment is Principal, Interest, Real Estate Taxes, Homeowners Insurance, HOA (if applicable) and Mortgage Insurance.

Message 2 of 4
shane1120
Contributor

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@shane1120 wrote:

Credit

My scores –

EQ – MyFico – 686

Trans FICO – 680

EX – 677

Wife’s – 730+

Cars – 835

CCs – 0

School – 545

Value

Depends on what your cc debt payments were when you were qualified. Is $150k doable in your market? If so, then that is a good thing Smiley Happy  Are homes readily available in your market in the $150k range?

From what I can see with your payments you posted the $835 + $545 is 20.7% of your gross monthly income and that would be added to the house payment to come up with your back end ratio. Your house payment is Principal, Interest, Real Estate Taxes, Homeowners Insurance, HOA (if applicable) and Mortgage Insurance.

our minium monthly payments before we paid everything off was around 140.

There are a lot of nice homes in our area for between 132-150k

Message 3 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

That is wonderful that you have a good selection of homes in your preferred price range. It will be fun finding just the right place Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.