Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA Loan in DFW Area

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FHA Loan in DFW Area

Hi all new to post but love to be a lookie loo on the forums. I have a question for all the Loan Pros out in the Dallas area. I currently live in SoCal, single parent 2 kids, and I am looking to move for more space. My questions are, if I live and have been employed at my current job for Errs, but want to buy in the UDF area, can I stay at my current job and use them as my Employment and move when I close escrow with only 5% down. Second if I have to move and find a new employer, how long do I need to be on the job before I will requalify for an FHA type loan, say there is no laps in employment and same type of work at similar to higher wage. Third, my scores are all around 630 right now but are completely based on my CC usage, so they just keep increasing around 10pts each month as I pay them down. Also my monthly expenses are around $460 so I believe I be within my 12% after PITI for back end ratio. I can also have my 3 months Mortgage in savings from a relative as a gift but can have it season for over 6 months so it doesn't look like a gift. How tough will it be for me to qualify for a loan for around 125k-150k making over 48k a year, but using the 8000 credit, in a bridge loan that has just extended, as my closing costs. I really would like to sing before the end of April 2010, I am set on getting out of this area, since you need to have 2 incomes just to rent 3 bedrooms around here. All the help I can get would be very greatly appreciated. Also for all you dallas loan guys I am looking into the North Dallas/Plano/Frisco area so I may be coming to meet with you if it all works out.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: FHA Loan in DFW Area

If you aren't transferring with th old company that job will not work for income. The u/w WILL want a transfer letter.

Guidelines call forminimum one paystub from new job. <= It will have to be in the same line of work.

the only acceptable form of a loan on the tax credit would have to be done thru the state of Texas(per fha guidelines)

best to just use the gift monies for closing costs/down payment since fha doesnt require reserves and replenish savings with the tax credit

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick reply Dallas, I was hoping you would reply. So if I do move out first, because of a new job in the same field, as long as I have at least 1 pay stub I should be fine? I know the state of Texas is offering bridge type loans for 120 days right now through state type programs for first time homebuyers. I would rather use that money than dip into "borrowed" gifted funds and have to repay instead of do it on my own. Will lenders frown upon funds that come from state programs rather than gifted funds? I am familiar with the State type programs and have already taken all my HUD certified courses just in case I decide to go that route. Also do you think it would be wise to prequalify before I move so realtors will take me seriously when I start looking. Then once I move and have the new paystubs it shouldn't be a problem? Also will that affect my score enough to hurt me since I am already in the lower 600's? I know I have 10 thousand questions but I can't move then find out I don't qualify and stuck renting in another state. From your experience in this market do you believe I have a chance of getting this at all, or will lenders turn their noses up at me. I have read up on FHA undewriting and by the skin of my teeth I beleive I will qualify, but to make the move to a different state seems so risky, with kids in toe, unless I know I can make this work.
Message 3 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

i always recommend applying sooner than later. as the loan officer can simulate a few things in the software and advise you on what to focus on to strengthen the file.

credit is good for 90 days. it would have to be pulled again to extend.

and i have had several people get preapproved 'subject to' the new job and paystub. it is very normal.

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like I should be booking a plane ticket around the holidays to come and talk to a lender and realtor along with setting up some interviews while there. Thanks for the info Dallas. Hopefully I will be residing in your neck of the woods within a few short months.
Message 5 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

dont rule out mckinney/allen areas.

i live in plano... and will be looking up there next time we move

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those areas' are on my list as well, I have friends in Mckinney right now and they love it, but don't have to commute. Like I said earlier I live in SoCal where a commute is anywhere from 30 minutes to 3hrs along with toll roads. I don't want to hate my decision based on my possible commute time.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.