cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA Loan to purchase a Foreclosed home. Need advice!!!!!!

tag
timkrof
Contributor

FHA Loan to purchase a Foreclosed home. Need advice!!!!!!

I am looking to put an offer in tomorrow on a foreclosed home.  I am already pre-approved for the FHA loan.

Does anyone know if there are any potential issues with buying a foreclosed home with an FHA loan?  I'm a first time home buyer and I need all the advice I can get!  Smiley Happy

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FHA Loan to purchase a Foreclosed home. Need advice!!!!!!

Yes I'm curious as well most have told me it could be a long process and may need a fha 203k loan if work is needed.
Message 2 of 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

As long as the house passes the required inspections you should be fine. If the house doesn't pass you.may be looking at a 203k loan to do whatever repairs are required.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 6
boomhower
Valued Contributor

It's fine as long as the house is in decent shape. FHA inspections get blown way way out of proportion. As long as the house is in decent shape your fine. I bought a forclosure that was built in 1979 with an FHA. All I had to do was install some GFI outlets. If you manage to find one that is owned by HUD many of those have a $100 down payment special, I took advantage of that.
Message 4 of 6
timkrof
Contributor

Thanks for the advice! 

I live in PA and checked out the $100 down payment program, it's been cancelled here.  Smiley Sad

I was also told by an agent that HUD homes will only go 15% below the asking price.  Does anyone know if that's true?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
greekjim
Contributor

I got a FHA loan on a HUD home that was asking price of $73,000 and got it for $61,500 so that is more then 15% off the asking

EQ- 727 5/12/10
TU- 746 5/12/10
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.