Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA Loan with past Bankruptcy and late payment issues

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FHA Loan with past Bankruptcy and late payment issues

Hello -

Have a quick question I was hoping to get some insight on.  We are applying for an FHA loan and have some pretty heinous credit issues from the past, and wondered what our chances are.  Here is the breakdown:

Middle Scores:

Me 671

Husband 621

Husband has a discharged chapter 7 bankruptcy from 2005, and then in 2009 & 2010 had an amount of late payments due to the recession and working in the trades.  Then in 2011 we both had some late payments (about 4) due to our son being in treatment for Leukemia, loss of work hours, personal time etc. (I would think we could at least explain these away)

For the last 6 months we haven't had a late payment, paid off 80% of our debt and brought our credit scores up to a respectable level to be able to qualify.  Will these issues haunt us if we apply?  Can we explain them away with some good LOX's?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: FHA Loan with past Bankruptcy and late payment issues

From my understanding, for FHA you cant have late payments within 1 year of underwriting.  Not sure about the BK.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.