Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA Loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FHA Loans

if they agree to delete if i pay should i just pay? or get something in writing first?

Message 21 of 23
Lemmus
Established Contributor

...dont even talk to them except using one of the pfd template letters from the Rebuilding Credit forum ...the templates are constructed to protect you from a number of bad things that can happen when you talk to CAs ...if the letter language isn't correct the CA can use it to reset your debt dates and thats the last thing you need ...so be sure you use the template ...that requires them to send you a reply containing certain verbiage before you actually pay them ...hth

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I rarely post, so here is a little back story.

We applied for a mortgage 1.5 months ago with my DH scores 567, 577, 599. My LO told us to get above 580 middle score and we could get going. Did thst, couldn't get preapproval for one reason or another. I then went and did everything the rebuilding forum told me to do, and went back 2 weeks later with his middle score 635. LO said he had never seen it done that fast. We got instantly preapproved. Got with realtor, with getting docs to LO, found house. Put offer in, accepted, and we are in UW right now.

Point is, get your middle score to at least 620. It's not difficult. If you need help, PM me. I'll help you. 

Good luck, whatever you do.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.