Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA Max DTI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FHA Max DTI

I know the max for FHA DTI including mortgage payment is 55%. Do most lenders go up to this percentage?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: FHA Max DTI

Technically it's 56.99% with an automated underwriting approval.  A lot of lenders go up to that limit, most lenders will go to 55%, some will cap at 50%.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I was approved through automated underwriting back in June. Plans changed and now I will be purchasing in March/April. Is it safe to say I should still be approved through automated underwriting at that time as long as there are no negatives on my report between now and then and as long as my utilization does not increase?

Message 3 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

From what you've described it's pretty safe to say that, yes. 

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 5
flippy1234
Established Member

We just closed on a house just over a week ago, my DTI was 56.5%. So yes, its possible. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.