Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA Minimum Credit Score Question?

tag
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: FHA Minimum Credit Score Question?

@adrian70 wrote:

Hello. I'm new to these boards... Just found them today. My question is to those who were able to purchase with a sub 620 score. As of today, my TU score is 641 and EQ is 571. What score do lenders typically use when deciding, such as Embrace home loans, to approve or deny a application? Thanks in advance!

Because you cannot pull your Experian score from anywhere, I always assumed my lowest on here would be my lowest.. so I would assume your middle score is 571, although its likely your midscore is higher..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 21 of 30
adrian70
Established Member

Thanks for the replies. May be a dumb question, but how do you know which score is the middle one? Does anyone know why Experian won't release scores to the consumer?

Message 22 of 30
mwmiller82
Contributor

Bump

Starting Score: TU527 EQ517 April 2012
Current Score: TU535 EQ540 May 2012
Current Score: TU631 EQ620 October 2012
Goal Score: 675

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 30
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

I would like the contact information for embrace home loans and first outage corp. thanks
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 24 of 30
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@adrian70 wrote:

Thanks for the replies. May be a dumb question, but how do you know which score is the middle one? Does anyone know why Experian won't release scores to the consumer?

Your Middle Score would be lower then your highest and higher then your lowest score! lol

Since it is difficult to get Experian score lets just use TransUnion and Equifax as examples...

TransUnion FICO score = 775

Equifax FICO score = 780

Using these FICO scores would put you in a worse case scenario of your FICO Middle score being 775.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 25 of 30
PA_NJ_LO
New Visitor

Primary Residential Mortgage does FHA Choice loans down to the FHA minimum.  For credit scores below 580, the maximum loan to value is 90%.  In qualifying for an FHA Choice loan, the criteria is more about credit worthiness and lender risk, than the credit score number.  Items that work in the borrower's favor are: minimal derogatory account, well explained reasons for past credit issues, job and income stability and flawless credit for the past 6 months to a year.  DTI ratios need to fit into 29%/41% unless there are very strong compensating factors.

Message 26 of 30
c4sp14nx
Valued Member

Sorry to reply to such an old post, but in case anyone else stumbles upon this after performing an internet search (as I did):

I just got off the phone with a loan officer at Embrace Home Loans, who told me that they now require a 660 in order to provide maximum funding on FHA home loans. Ouch.

Message 27 of 30
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

That is weird, I would think with all the rules changing they were start to lower the score. If its gonna be a 660 to go FHA, I would wait out the 20 points and just go conventional.

Message 28 of 30
J_G
Regular Contributor

I was reading alot about that company and they look like a scam! Be careful
7/1/13 - EQ = 593 TU = 578 EXP = 573 FICO
8/11/13 - EQ = 600 TU = 590 EXP = 603 FICO
10/1/13 - EQ = 611 TU = 689 EXP = 605 FICO
12/4/13 - EQ = 625 TU = 648 EXP = 604
Lender Pull 2/18/14 - EQ = 630 TU = 678 EXP = 594
Lender Pull 2/28/14 (EQ 640) (TU 660) (EX 655) Rapid re-score =)
9/30/14 - EQ = 660 TU = 710 EXP = 669
Message 29 of 30

You can get an FHA loan with under a 600 middle score with some lending institutions but not many. I would recommend finding a broker or service to help you locate a reputable lender that can approve your loan at a decent rate.
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.