cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA Mortgage Approval With "Student Loans In Default But in a Rehabilition Program"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FHA Mortgage Approval With "Student Loans In Default But in a Rehabilition Program"

I Need Expert Advice

I going through the mortgage process "VERY STRESSFUL" Im at the point where im pre-approved With a loan officer at my Credit Union, Signed Purchase offer (08/20/14) and paid for an FHA appraiser. All looks good Smiley HappyP

Cost of the house: $145,000 (Non FHA Appraised $220,000) Estimated mortgage payment $870.00

Income: $7250 a month

Total bills: $860

Okay my main concern is my student loans (12) are in default... Too make a long story short I have been in a Rehabilition progam with the Department of Education (DOE) for 1 year and 1 month making a total of 12 payment in good standing never missing a payment. Everyday since July 2014 (my 9th payment) I have been calling DOE on the status of my rehab and when its going to be picked up by a new servicer; the answer I get "is any day" its now 10/28/14... I have talked to thier regional office and the onsbud group with no success.. " only stating its a computerized sweep and out of there controll" one good thing is, I am not listed on the CAIVRS datebase.

My main questions are:

• If im not Listed on CAIVRS will I be approved?
  • If not, will something in writing from DOE that I'm in the program in great standing for 12 months suffice me getting approved?

PLEASE HELP Im so stressed its affecting my relationship, Job, Social life and health.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.