Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA Mortgage Question

tag
kcart1976
Established Member

FHA Mortgage Question

I am awaiting a pre approval letter for my mortgage and loan officer said he is waiting for underwriting to let him know if they will accept me with a loan modification from 2010. What is the time frame that you have to be post loan modification for FHA approval?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: FHA Mortgage Question

Technically, none.  But each lender will have their own guidelines, and I've found even the most conservative are just looking for 12 months of payments to be made on the permanent modification.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 3
maina289

Re: FHA Mortgage Question

Hi ShanetheMortgageMan!

So, I was pre-approved for a loan and right in the middle of buying the house, my credit score dropped 25 points. I had a middle score of 643 when I was pre-approved for FHA. Now the underwriter has sent me a list of conditions to fill before they can process the loan. So, I am nervous and have lots of questions.

1. Will they pull my credit again before they approve the loan? I know they have made some sort of credit check because they asked me to explain why I had an inquiry on my file recently (I was shopping for a different mortgage company to compare prices and that is when I found out about my score dropping). I told them the truth but I am nervous that they will check my score again.

2. They asked for letters explaining why my husband was not on the loan: Simple, he already owns a different property in another state and we wanted to qualify for FHA. Also credit score is really not good (but I didn’t tell them that).

3. They asked if we filed our taxes for 2013. Yes, we did and although both my husband and I are salaried employees at major corporations, we have each a side business that we claimed for loss. We have filed married, filing separtely to rake the most money back from our taxes.  At this point, I am peeing in my pants because I am scared that they will request a transcript and deny the loan for that.

Please give me any insight as to what to expect. I am afraid my chances are close to none at this point!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.