Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA New home owner

tag
VikingsLoyalFan
Valued Member

FHA New home owner

I am going in for my official home loan application on the 3rd of June. It has been a long, hard, and exhausting process thus far. I am happy to report my credit now in good standing, my fico is 700, and I am debt free. I am applying for the FHA loan, and have went over the do’s and do not’s of the application. I am still super scared, as there is always a chance of rejection. I do have a question though? I did not mention this to my lender as I just thought of it. I once went over at Bank of America and they would not close my account until I paid all the fees, well I could not afford to pay them at the time and they just continued to climb until 1,000 and they closed it. Will this hinder my loan? It is not on my credit, it was never reported. (This happened about 4 years ago). Also, do I get anything for being a first time home owner? Thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: FHA New home owner

Do you have a house in mind? i.e., is there any way you can get to the point of having a case number before Saturday? There's FHA changes that take effect then and it would be beneficial if you could avoid them.

I'm not sure about the other part, with BoA. Is that possibly reporting in ChexSystems?

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FHA New home owner

@mauve wrote:

Do you have a house in mind? i.e., is there any way you can get to the point of having a case number before Saturday? There's FHA changes that take effect then and it would be beneficial if you could avoid them.

I'm not sure about the other part, with BoA. Is that possibly reporting in ChexSystems?

Agree with this

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.