Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA Pre-Approval

tag
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

FHA Pre-Approval

I live in FL but I'm looking to buy a condo property in MI (Originally from MI, I travel back home ALOT so it would be nice to have a place to stay and not always have to spend on a hotel or stay with family). I more than likely will have to go the FHA route, just wondering if anyone has a link to a site where I can get FHA pre-approved? Also since I don't have a particular condo picked out yet (have a few in mind though), if asked for the amount what should I put?

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: FHA Pre-Approval

You cannot use FHA on a second home.

It is for primary residence only

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 6
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Really? Wow thanks for that information

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thiought you could have 2 FHA mortgages if you can show you've outgrown the first home......
Message 4 of 6
rockymtngrl
Frequent Contributor

If you outgrow your house and then buy a new house the new house would become your primary residence.

A "second home" would be a house that is not a primary residence kind of like a vacation home.

Message 5 of 6
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

So basically the only way I am going to be able to buy this condo is through a conventional mortage?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.