Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA Preapproved.....Scores plummet 1 week later!!! HELP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FHA Preapproved.....Scores plummet 1 week later!!! HELP

Just understand that your LO can not guarantee they will not pull.  Especially when there are accounts that need to be corrected it is not uncommon for the UW to re-pull at close to verify accounts have been paid and to get updated scores.  This is also more common withloans that are higher DTI levels and/or loans that are lower FICO scores.  Basicly, if the UW is having a hard time making a decision, they may repull to make sure that they have the most updated info available.. And yes, it is quite possible they will not pull again.  The quicker you close the more likely that is.
Message 11 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

TIDE, how are you comparing your credit scores? Did your LO pull them both times and that shows the drop? Or did you buy your scores from another source and compared that purchase to your LO's scores?
Message 12 of 14
TIDE

I pulled my own scores from Freecreditreport.scam and it showed experian and equifax as plummeting from 642 to 575. Later, I pulled from myfico.com and there was only a couple points change. Why the big difference???

My LO pulled my original scores and they were pretty close to what I got here. So I might be good.

I cancelled my freecreditreport.scam account right after that. 

Message 13 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

TIDE wrote:

I pulled my own scores from Freecreditreport.scam and it showed experian and equifax as plummeting from 642 to 575. Later, I pulled from myfico.com and there was only a couple points change. Why the big difference???

My LO pulled my original scores and they were pretty close to what I got here. So I might be good.

I cancelled my freecreditreport.scam account right after that. 

Ah ha!!

Because freecreditreport.com does not sell FICO scores. They sell a non-FICO score (we call them FAKOs). Specifically, this FAKO is a PLUS score. Lenders don't even use these scores because they are so terrible at predicting credit risk. IMO, it is a scam and are marketed in a way so as to imply that they are the real deal. Don't worry, I fell for it too (and hundreds of others in here).

The FTC is trying to counter w/ their jingles of own:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ0xsF5XWfo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krG2d7OK8MM&NR=1

I'm glad you found the right spot. There's only a small handful of places you can get your FICO score: your lender, myFICO (TU and EQ only), transunioncs.com (note the -cs; TU only), Equifax.com (EQ only), and finally PSECU (EX only as printed on your monthly statement).

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.