Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA REFINANCE HELP!? - Where to start?

tag
Beans007
Established Member

FHA REFINANCE HELP!? - Where to start?

Hi All, 

With the help of the forums 3 years ago, i was able to get my credit into decent shape, and was able to buy my first home.  Now three years later, rates are down, and i am hoping i can save money on my monthly payments.  But i just don't know where to start.  My credit did take a hit since buying a home, but i read FHA streamline refinance do not go by credit score?    Here is my situation:

Current rate at 5.25% fixed 30 years (27 to go)  (CHASE)

Purchase Price: $235k

Current Principle:  $220k

Current pymt with taxes etc.:  1,660

Not much money available for closing costs. 

I really don' t know where to start.  Do I go via Quicken Loans?   Are there any good referrals on this site who handle FHA STREAMLINE REFINANCES?

Thank you for the help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: FHA REFINANCE HELP!? - Where to start?

@Beans007 wrote:

Hi All, 

With the help of the forums 3 years ago, i was able to get my credit into decent shape, and was able to buy my first home.  Now three years later, rates are down, and i am hoping i can save money on my monthly payments.  But i just don't know where to start.  My credit did take a hit since buying a home, but i read FHA streamline refinance do not go by credit score?    Here is my situation:

Current rate at 5.25% fixed 30 years (27 to go)  (CHASE)

Purchase Price: $235k

Current Principle:  $220k

Current pymt with taxes etc.:  1,660

Not much money available for closing costs. 

I really don' t know where to start.  Do I go via Quicken Loans?   Are there any good referrals on this site who handle FHA STREAMLINE REFINANCES?

Thank you for the help.

Ask your current lender.  They should pencil it out for you with no hard pull.

Message 2 of 3
demi
Established Contributor

Re: FHA REFINANCE HELP!? - Where to start?

I would talk to your lender to see if they will offer something, otherwise a mortgage broker.  I just finished a FHA streamline, went from 5.375 adjustible to 3.5 fixed....lowered payments almost 400 on a $252,000 (remaining)...just finalized yesterday.  I went thru a mortgage broker, and we ended up with Wells, which who is my original lender.  Made things very simple.  I have slipped a little in my credi since purchasing 5 years ago.  Was easy peasy (as someone else said).  Not only was there nothing out of pocket, I ended up with $500.00 refund from my escrow account.  Is fun going into my account and seeing its paid in full....of course not showing the new mortgage yet.

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.