Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA Requirements Question!

tag
KKCHANCE2
Valued Member

FHA Requirements Question!

I am planning to apply for a FHA loan in the near future and wanted to know if a late payment (within the last 12 months) on a paid in full auto loan will prevent me from qualifying for a loan.  I understand you can't have any lates in the last 12 months but does that also apply to accounts that have since been paid in full?  I just want to know if I am wasting my time with applying.  Thanks for your help!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ccubedzx3
Regular Contributor

Re: FHA Requirements Question!

I had 3 accounts with late payments in November of 2011.  I paid them all in full in December of 2011.  I was told by my LO that even if my score was high enough, I wouldn't qualify because it had not been a year since my last late.  I was told you cannot have any lates for a year on any type of revolving trade line/loan, and no lates on a mortgage within 2 years.   Hope that helps!

Starting Score:2/1/16 565
Current Score: 3/1/16 575
Lender Mid Score: 3/1/16 575

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
KKCHANCE2
Valued Member

Thanks for the info ccubedzx3. That hurts real bad! Smiley Sad  Anyone else with the same experience? Not saying I don't believe you, I just want to know if anyone else had the same experience. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 6
Klesko
Regular Contributor

This is a pretty hard rule.

Your best bet would be to write good will letters to see if you can get the late removed. If you can then you should be ok.

Penfed Visa 10k | Penfed PLOC 25k | Citi Hhonors 10k | Total Rewards Visa $25k | Alliant Visa $15k | Barclays Arrival + $13k | Barclays AAdvantage $5k | Barclays Apple $2.2k | CapOne QS WMC $26.5k | CapOne QS $5k | CapOne Plat $5k | Discover 8.5k | Allegacy Visa $6k | DCU Visa $7.5k | Best Buy Visa $11k | Lowes Store Card $30k | Walmart Store Card $10k | Amazon Store Card $25k
Message 4 of 6
ccubedzx3
Regular Contributor

@Klesko wrote:

This is a pretty hard rule.

Your best bet would be to write good will letters to see if you can get the late removed. If you can then you should be ok.

Klesko, that's what i'm attempting to do right now.  I wanted to know all the "hard" requirements that needed to be met before I try to qualify again.  I have since paid everything on time and in December of this year, I will finally meet my "mini-goal." 

To the OP:  Wish I was wrong myself! Cat Wink If I was, I would be able to move faster than December!  Keep your head up..you can't change the past, but you can predict the future outcome if your follow the necessary steps!  Hang in there! You can do it!

Starting Score:2/1/16 565
Current Score: 3/1/16 575
Lender Mid Score: 3/1/16 575

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
boomhower
Valued Contributor

No lates in the last 12 months is a tough one to get around.  Good luck.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.