cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA Requirements - getting our hopes up?

tag
Hevj1119
Regular Contributor

FHA Requirements - getting our hopes up?

Hi all - 

My husband and I are really hoping that at the end of April, all the huge progress we've made towards rebuilding will be reflected on my credit report.  (Paid off CO, paid down CC balances to approx 5% util) and as soon as that happens, we wanted to contact a LO again to see if we qualify for an FHA loan.  My scores are ok - 620-630ish - and his are nearing the 700s (but he's a new citizen with an 8 month old SSN)

I need to know if we are hoping for too much.  Nothing has been late in 12 months, but some stuff hasn't been open 12 months either.  We have 3 lines of revolving credit together - one that's 11 months old,  one that's 8 months old, and one that's only a month old.  Smiley Sad  I am an AU on an account that's been open 5 years, never late.  

Is all of our revolving credit too "young" for preapproval?    We're pulling our reports daily, anxiously waiting for those few key things to show on all 3 reports but I'm scared our hopes are going to be dashed.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: FHA Requirements - getting our hopes up?

Well when that paid collection gets reported, your score is probably going to drop unless you arranged to have it deleted.

Your credit is very thin, you might have to wait a few more months but I am not sure.

Message 2 of 3
Hevj1119
Regular Contributor

Re: FHA Requirements - getting our hopes up?

I am hoping for not too big of a drop.  The charge off is from 2006.  Smiley Happy  It's scheduled to age off in September.

I know it's thin... I just don't know how thin is too thin :\

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.