Established Contributor

Re: FHA Streamline.....approval?

@earnold109 wrote:

Owe less than $110k, paid $144k

Husbands Ficos, 604, 640, 635

My FICOs 619, 616, ?

...you've not provided the minimum info needed to answer your question

...is the home currently fha financed?

...has it been at least 7 mts since you closed on the home? ...your equity suggests it has but need to be certain.

...have there been any late mortgage payments?

...will the refinance increase the loan amount or payment?

...are the fico scores cited actual fico mortgage scores? ...or just the fico 8 scores normally provided by myfico?

...are you intending to do a no-credit-score streamline?

...not trying to be picky but the question you've asked just can't be answered with the info provided ...hth

...and thats just to start ...hth

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 2 of 8
ta1jr
Established Member

-currently FHA

-haven't refinanced since we owned the home (15yrs)

-last lates were Oct 2012, 2 1x30, no others in the last 10 yrs

-loan amount will not increase, payment will drop (we are at 8%)

-fico8 provided by myfico, I will look to see what they are with the fico mortgage scores and get back to you

-I would like to do a no-credt-score streamline, however, I know that a 620 was a required overlays by the banks in the recent past, that's why I am asking now

I can see how I left out too much info, however, I knew that the only thing holding us back was the overlays that banks had on the fico's recently.

We would have refinanced in the past, I know that 8% is high, but we are where we are. Would like to fix it now.

Thanks for your help. 

Message 3 of 8
ta1jr
Established Member

mortgage fico's....

DH

EXP - 633

TU - 592

EQ - 623

Mine

TU - 615

EXP - 605

I can pull EQ but haven't bit the bullet as of yet.

Thank you

Message 4 of 8
Lemmus
Established Contributor

...its less than $100 to get your current fico mortgage scores from myfico ...and you might be pleasantly surprised ...its hard to predict but the mortgage scoring algorithm appears to weigh mortgage/installment type credit higher than the fico 8 model does

...in any case, you may not need them, or you can get them from the LOs you are going to call 1st thing Tuesday morning ...you appear to meet all the criteria for a no-credit-score streamline refinance ...in your shoes I'd be on the phone Tuesday morning finding a lender to get it done asap ...the rate picture is anything but clear right now but its not likely they are going down and the Fed is meeting again in a couple of weeks, eh

...8% ...I feel your pain ...but then I remember paying 17% under Carter Smiley Sad

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 5 of 8
earnold109

Thank you. I actually remember a friend in the late 80's was excited because he got a variable rate at around 13%.....crazy.

@Lemmus wrote:

...its less than $100 to get your current fico mortgage scores from myfico ...and you might be pleasantly surprised ...its hard to predict but the mortgage scoring algorithm appears to weigh mortgage/installment type credit higher than the fico 8 model does

...in any case, you may not need them, or you can get them from the LOs you are going to call 1st thing Tuesday morning ...you appear to meet all the criteria for a no-credit-score streamline refinance ...in your shoes I'd be on the phone Tuesday morning finding a lender to get it done asap ...the rate picture is anything but clear right now but its not likely they are going down and the Fed is meeting again in a couple of weeks, eh

...8% ...I feel your pain ...but then I remember paying 17% under Carter Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, Did you do the streamline? My situation is almost identical. Id like to refinance but am not sure my best bet.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may want to start a new thread bc the likelihood of getting a response from this poster is very slim being that they have not logged on in over a year and a half. 

Good luck!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.