Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA Streamline refinance deadline??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FHA Streamline refinance deadline??

Hello... I completed all the forms to meet the Nov. 17th deadline for the FHA Streamline deadline. I was told they were faxed to FHA on that day. I met all the qualifications to apply for a lower mortgage rate.

Today I was informed that because the FHA did not assign my application a case number on Nov. 17th, I can no longer refinance under the 'no appraisal, etc.' qualifications. If the paperwork was received on the 17th, shouldn't FHA honor those applications under the old rules?

Has anybody else had this happen? Would contacting FHA with the proof they had possession of my application before the end of the day on the 17th prompt them to allow me to complete the refinancing under the old rules?

Thank you in advance of any feedback!

Karen

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FHA Streamline refinance deadline??

there is no way to force it.  squeezingin right at a deadline is always a way to loose out on it.   I am pretty sure with FHA the 2 dates they use for any deadlines are closing date and date a number is asigned.  There is no guarantee that faxing paperwork the day of a deadline will get a file procesed that day and there is probably no way to fight or argue it.  They will just tell you that either you or your lender should have had it to them sooner.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.