Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA and Collections-Need advice

tag
Mona_75
New Contributor

FHA and Collections-Need advice

Hi all,

I am not sure if I should post this here or in rebuilding. I am preparing to purchase a home and spoke to a lender that gave me a "game plan" to get my credit/score ready. I completed all requested tasks which included:

1. Paying off 3 credit cards that were in collections. The collections were showing a CL and balance so I am assuming this was to improve utilization

2. Bank charge off from overdraft.

3. Collection for returned check

4. Remove dispute comments from medical collections.

In the meantime, I received a call from a CA regarding a valid debt and was considering going on a payment plan to prevent the collection being reported. I am of course afraid to do this because I will have no guarantee that they will not report. Has anyone faced this issue?

I found a house this weekend that I placed a home site deposit on and will likely go for a real pre approval this week. Any advice on how to handle this would be greatly appreciated. I love this house and don't want to make the wrong move and blow my chances of getting it :-(

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: FHA and Collections-Need advice

Those cards that are in collections are not affecting your UT.  The disputes will have to be removed. You do need to pay the new CA, if a new one hits your credit report now it's game over. Make sure you get it in writing that it will not be reported and pay it.  How old are the other ones?

Message 2 of 3
Mona_75
New Contributor

Re: FHA and Collections-Need advice

The collections that I was asked to pay off were from 2006-2007

The medical collections are from 2006-2009.

I will try to get a letter and start a payment plan. Thanks for your response

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.