Valued Member
rinkgirl2

FHA and Collections

I know there have been a lot of questions about getting funded for FHA with open collections, but I'm wondering if anyone has qualified with a collection that they're making payments on.  We have a collection of about $9,000 that we've been making payments on for over a year.  We are looking to purchase in July when our Chapter 7 bk will have been discharged for 3 years.

Thanks!

Valued Contributor
beb86

Re: FHA and Collections

rinkgirl2 wrote:

I know there have been a lot of questions about getting funded for FHA with open collections, but I'm wondering if anyone has qualified with a collection that they're making payments on.  We have a collection of about $9,000 that we've been making payments on for over a year.  We are looking to purchase in July when our Chapter 7 bk will have been discharged for 3 years.

Thanks!

You will need to provide proof that you are on a payment plan 

ccpics2.jpg
Valued Member
rinkgirl2

We have copies of bank statements and we could probably get a letter from the CA. Do you think that will be good enough for proof?
Valued Contributor
beb86

Yeah but you never know with banks the LO might want you to get one thing but underwriting may need another but its sounds like your on a good start 

ccpics2.jpg
Regular Contributor
courtney091082

I think you should be fine since you've been paying on it so long. I'm sure you can get the payment agreement from the CA and if the rest of your file is strong you should be ok. Just remember that those payments could factor into your DTI too?

9/1/2012 ...DRUMROLL .... EQ .. 776!!

I'm FINALLY a homeowner .. 10/24/12!!!!

My Cards ~~~GARDENING~~~ BNSF CU ($1000) BOA ($2500) Amazon / GE ($900) AMEX BCE ($2500) Chase Freedom ($3000) US Bank Cash + (7500)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}