Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA and foreclosure date, still questions

tag
Klesko
Regular Contributor

FHA and foreclosure date, still questions

So I applied for my FHA loan through a local place my realtor suggested to get the ball rolling. I was sent to their UW and was pre approved in a few days. My LO told me they would find the foreclosure date and it might not be an issue. We put in an offer on an house and got a closing date.

Now I know for a fact the house sold back to the bank on July 14th 2009. I also know someone else bought the house on Aug 12th 2009 from the bank. I know this because of the county websites which shows sale dates and its 100% accurate. Also my brother lives near the house and saw people working on it in Aug 2009, (They were flippers). However I did not have any papers stating this. Knowing there might be issues I set a closing date for late July.

I get a call from my LO a few days later saying they found the foreclosure date and it was Sept 8th. I know this wasnt right so I started digging and found out my county has a register of deeds website. (I know I should have known this before hand) . Looking at the document my LO sent me there were three documents.

- Notice of Foreclosure which was recorded on Sept 8th 2009. In that letter it states the house was foreclosed and conveyed to Bank of American on July 14th 2009. This letter is dated Sept 1st.

- Satisfaction of Security Interest which was recorded on Aug 27th 2009. This letter is more of a form saying that me and my wife satisfied this debt. This letter was dated Aug 21st. (This is a non issue since we filed for BK a few months later)

- This document was from Jan 6th 2009 just notifying us and the court that the foreclosure process was starting.

Now I went digging in the register of deeds website and I did find those exact documents they had. But I found another document which only came up when I searched for my wifes name (it had mine on it too just hers appeared first.). This document was called Trustee's Deed and was recorded on July 14th 2009. This document basically states the house was sold back to the bank on June 14th 2009 on the courthouse door steps . This letter was dated June 30th 2009.

I submited this to my LO and he sent it up the chain and told me the VP agreed with me and they would use this as the date and we just could not close before July 17th. . However since then I got a letter in the mail saying we were denied and but my  LO is telling me nothing has changed. Since then I have had limited contact with my LO, however my realestate agent works closely with him and this company and they talk daily. 

A few little things bother me about all of this. When I did the pre approval they sent me the credit report copy and it showed 3 accounts in dispute. They never said anything.

I emailed him a week ago just to ask some questions. He told me they do their own FHA underwriting and that after July 14th they will just recheck my credit and employeement and thats it. I also asked if there would be any reason we could not close by my close date and he told me nope, everything was good.

I am not the type person that likes to just sit back and hope everything is ok. I like to ensure everything is ok. But I dont want to annoy or bug people either.

This whole thing has me nervous as heck. I am still knida worried about the foreclosure date. Less now that I found that document. I am also worried that my wife has 3 accounts in dispute and no one has ever said anything.

Sorry this turned out longer then I exepected I just like to give as much information as possible.

Penfed Visa 10k | Penfed PLOC 25k | Citi Hhonors 10k | Total Rewards Visa $25k | Alliant Visa $15k | Barclays Arrival + $13k | Barclays AAdvantage $5k | Barclays Apple $2.2k | CapOne QS WMC $26.5k | CapOne QS $5k | CapOne Plat $5k | Discover 8.5k | Allegacy Visa $6k | DCU Visa $7.5k | Best Buy Visa $11k | Lowes Store Card $30k | Walmart Store Card $10k | Amazon Store Card $25k
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
techgirl
Frequent Contributor

Re: FHA and foreclosure date, still questions

I was told to check with CAIVERS. So I went to their website and they don't talk with consumers. I sent an email and haven't heard back. I know, it is frustrating to just "wait and see" what they come back  with. I also have a Notice of Trustee showing our home being sold on the court house steps May 19, 2009. If I were you, start writing an explanation letter of why you went through foreclosure, why things are different now and why you think you deserve a home loan and can handle a home loan, etc. Hopefully your credit is crystal clean since the foreclosure. Make sure ou do not have any overdrafts and plenty of money for closing in the bank! Save like crazy. Good luck! Unfortunately, we are the captive audience.

05/12: approx 680 across the board
04/08 EQ: 730 TU: 748 EX: 718
03/08: EQ: 713 TU: ? EX: ?
12/07: EQ: 689 TU: 711 EX: 721
Message 2 of 4
Klesko
Regular Contributor

I have clean credit since the BK. I had a 681 mid  and my wife has a 671 mid score acording to their pulls. Also no overdrafts and the seller is paying full closing and I have my down payment waiting.

Penfed Visa 10k | Penfed PLOC 25k | Citi Hhonors 10k | Total Rewards Visa $25k | Alliant Visa $15k | Barclays Arrival + $13k | Barclays AAdvantage $5k | Barclays Apple $2.2k | CapOne QS WMC $26.5k | CapOne QS $5k | CapOne Plat $5k | Discover 8.5k | Allegacy Visa $6k | DCU Visa $7.5k | Best Buy Visa $11k | Lowes Store Card $30k | Walmart Store Card $10k | Amazon Store Card $25k
Message 3 of 4
techgirl
Frequent Contributor

You sound ready and in good shape. They will want bank statements from you tracing how you came up with your down deposit from payroll.... the fun begins!

05/12: approx 680 across the board
04/08 EQ: 730 TU: 748 EX: 718
03/08: EQ: 713 TU: ? EX: ?
12/07: EQ: 689 TU: 711 EX: 721
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.