cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA approved, considering trying for a conventional...

tag
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

FHA approved, considering trying for a conventional...

Will checking into this screw up my FHA approval?

Got an FHA pre approval letter for the home we are under contract on.  I feel crazy jumping through all these hoops for the FHA loan.  The property has corn on it, so now the mortgage company is telling me that will be an issue.  Have a dispute comment on an auto loan on my credit rating, that is a problem. 

I had talked to my current mortgage compnay a while back and she said she would do a conventional for us with 5% down, she didn't look at DTI anything yet.  They have a 18 day guaranteed closing date too. 

Would having them pull a credit report and seeing if I qualify cause major issues with the FHA loan?  I don't want to mess this up any further. 

JUST SOOOOOO TIRED!!!  Am trying to close by Christmas.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Re: FHA approved, considering trying for a conventional...

No, you should always shop around to see what the best option is for you when purchasing a home. It is usually the biggest decision you will make and requires a lot of thought. 5% down conventional may be better, may not. You will pay PMI, and sometimes private mortgage insurance is harder to obtain. Way your options and see what's best.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.