cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA back tracks on new rules!! A MUST READ!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FHA back tracks on new rules!! A MUST READ!!

Entitlement at its finest

Message 11 of 13
LondonMassey
Frequent Contributor

Call it whatever you feel you need to, and try to insult me however you want, but considering that you don't know my circumstance and you're judging, you look like a fool. You're on this forum for one of 2 reasons, either you're attempting to get your credit in order to purchase a home or you're trolling. Either way, it makes no difference. If you consider by your "holier than thou" comment that you haven't experienced any hardship, then you potentially ruined your credit due to ignorance... A good job with benefits can fix any issue I have, but I don't believe they've found a cure for stupid, yet. 

I hope you can afford to pay medical insurance for the rest of your life and any added costs due to pre-existing conditions... Oh... and please don't expect to get Social Security or Medicare... being that those are government assisted programs, regardless if you pay into them or not, as I work and pay taxes too... If that upsets you then that would mean you feel "entitled". 

Not all people have the luxury of being able to afford anything and everything they want and need out of life.  Wether one receives medical care and doesn't pay the bills because they can't afford to or one applies for and is approved for Medicaid, at least the latter took measures to attempt to have their care "paid for", somehow.  The largest factor regarding debt IS medical.  That's just how it is. Businesses don't provide adequate insurance, some don't provide any at all.  Medical care has become a high dollar industry in which a person is seen with dollar signs over their head.  A person without insurance is still required to be seen, but definitely not provided the care one would receive with insurance.  So perhaps, let's fix the "entitlement" of the medical industry.

One last thing: I worked for a branch of the Governor's office regarding Consumer Health.  I was laid off an unable to pay for medical insurance on my own being that I am a one income household with 3 minor children and am owed $19000 in child support.  When my income and insurance was gone, unemployment was enough to pay for living expenses.  And even though I received Medicaid, all of my regular bills were paid ON TIME, and I haven't had a single delinquency on my credit since 2007, which was medical.  So... what was that about entitled? 

(and in case you felt like making any comments about my living expenses, I already live in the "hood". My rent has actually dropped $245/mo since 2007... and my home has been robbed 4 times and car has been broken into twice.  We sit in the dark and when we do turn lights on they're all energy bulbs. In the 115 degree summer heat, we have fans going or hit a water park, in the winter we use extra blankets. I don't have cable, I drive a 12 year old car and my insurance is about $35/mo, my only "luxury" is internet at $25/mo and cell phone at $40/mo., my furniture came from the Salvation Army, my desktop from Deseret Industries, laptop and tvs are refurbished, and all our clothes are 2nd hand or clearance. I do the best with what I have... but as resourceful as I am, I haven't figured out how to use my pennies to pay for thousands in medical expenses.  Even as I speak, I am uninsured and have been for 2 years.  I currently have a lump behind my ear that requires a biopsy, but... the company I work for doesn't offer insurance and I make too much ($1500/mo) to qualify for medicaid, I hope that it isn't a tumor/cancerous, and I haven't gone to the hospital because I can't afford to pay.)

Cap1(sc) 550, Cap1 750, Walmart 750, Home Depot 3000, Amazon 700, US Bank 1500, Childrens Place 1100, JC Penney 700, Old Navy 700, PayPal 700, Torrid 700, Lane Bryant 150, Avenue 500, OSP 500, Amex Blue 2000, Disc it 1000, Walmart Disc 2200, Old Navy Visa 1700, Mortgage 09-2012, Car Loan 03-2013

Current Score: EQ 665 EX 687 TU 695

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 13
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

In the interest of keeping the Forums a civil place to exchange ideas, this thread is now locked.  The discussion has run its course and is now going off topic.

I'd like to remind folks here of two things:

(1) Do not make assumptions about other people's life situations, and refrain from glib and noncontributory comments based on incomplete information.

(2) If you feel that you have been insulted, do not cast insults back.  That behavior is no better than the original insult and does not put you on higher moral ground.  If you feel that you have been insulted, or see any other objectionable content, please use the "Report Inappropriate Content" alert in the drop-down "Options" menu in the upper right hand corner of the offending message.

Thank you for your understanding.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.