Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA case numbers for new build

tag
aj1505
Established Member

FHA case numbers for new build

My wife and I are working through the new build process and our LO just called and said they are having a hard time getting a FHA case number for us because they are not recognizing our subject property address. He said they are calling daily to try and get the issue resolved but they are coming close to the deadline for getting one before the month PMI raises from 1.25% to 1.35%. I'm not exactly sure what the first part means but I definitely get the second part. Our estimated closing date is Oct/Nov so Im not all that concerned but should I be?

Starting Score: 550's
Current Score 2/20: EX: 668 MyFico: TU 676 EQ 676
Goal Score: 720s
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: FHA case numbers for new build

I think your gonna get stuck with the new rates, FHA case number is only good for 6 months. I had to get a new case number when I went into underwriting.

Message 2 of 3
aj1505
Established Member

Re: FHA case numbers for new build

I sort of had that feeling. Im now wondering if it would be better to take the hit on the new rate and delay getting the case file until May so that hopefully we closed within the 6 month time frame and avoid PMI for the life of the loan. (although we will probably sell or refi at some point anyway)

Starting Score: 550's
Current Score 2/20: EX: 668 MyFico: TU 676 EQ 676
Goal Score: 720s
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.