Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Reply
Valued Member
Posts: 51
Registered: ‎08-20-2013
0 Kudos

Re: FHA changing collection account, judgments & disputed account guidelines (effective 10/15/13

lenders arent concerned with statute of limitations. lenders are concerned with 'willingness to pay'

 


 

Ok, question: I have one collections account (library) from a situation in which someone ELSE took $243 worth of books from the library on MY account and then never returned them. Ironically, a month later I lost my wallet and called the library to cancel my card and they told me that my card had EXPIRED 2 months earlier.

 

Six months after that, I got a letter in the mail from a debt collector... I couldn't afford to pay them off, and got slammed with the collections account on my credit report.

 

Now three years later, I am financially able to pay off the debt, though I have no incentive to since collections won't work with me on a PFD and the library wouldn't work with me, either.

 

So I guess you could say, I am stubborn about paying this thing off, as a matter of principal. Is this hurting my chance at a mortgage this fall?

Member
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎05-28-2014
0 Kudos

Re: FHA changing collection account, judgments & disputed account guidelines (effective 10/15/13

I know this may be a silly question. But does "medical" collections include collections from dentists? Thank you for your help!!! 

Starting Score: 520
Current Score:616 (as of 5/2014)
Goal Score: 750
Capital One Platinum $500| Capital One QuickSilverOne $800
Bill Me Later $1000| HSN $2000| Comenity Bank Retail Cards 1600 Total
Member
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎06-09-2011
0 Kudos

Re: FHA changing collection account, judgments & disputed account guidelines (effective 10/15/13

Please advise if the HUD FHA Letter applies to Fannie Mae mortgage applications as well.  I am applying presently for a conventional loan. I have 3 accounts I disputed in 2011. All are zero balance accounts. Two disputes were a request to check balances. One was a dispute that an account was paid off in 2008 after sent to collection (Verizon). Lender made me sign generic letter that I did not dispute the item any longer. My credsit scores dropped. Lender then claimed I don't qualify for same rate on PMI and incentive offered for the loan. The scenario is worse but I don't want to abuse you or anyone else by asking the question.  Just a note - when I applied for the loan by scores were 729, 720, and 720. (after the disputes were removed on the zero balance accounts my scores are 722, 702 and 695) Thanks

Super Contributor
Posts: 8,706
Registered: ‎09-28-2007
0 Kudos

Re: FHA changing collection account, judgments & disputed account guidelines (effective 10/15/13


Dstangel11 wrote:

I know this may be a silly question. But does "medical" collections include collections from dentists? Thank you for your help!!! 


Yes, a dentist bill would count as medical.

Mortgages (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime) since 2002, based in Irvine, CA and lending in all 50 states

Information that is needed to determine if you qualify for a mortgage

Super Contributor
Posts: 8,706
Registered: ‎09-28-2007
0 Kudos

Re: FHA changing collection account, judgments & disputed account guidelines (effective 10/15/13


dab54321 wrote:

Please advise if the HUD FHA Letter applies to Fannie Mae mortgage applications as well.  I am applying presently for a conventional loan. I have 3 accounts I disputed in 2011. All are zero balance accounts. Two disputes were a request to check balances. One was a dispute that an account was paid off in 2008 after sent to collection (Verizon). Lender made me sign generic letter that I did not dispute the item any longer. My credsit scores dropped. Lender then claimed I don't qualify for same rate on PMI and incentive offered for the loan. The scenario is worse but I don't want to abuse you or anyone else by asking the question.  Just a note - when I applied for the loan by scores were 729, 720, and 720. (after the disputes were removed on the zero balance accounts my scores are 722, 702 and 695) Thanks


No, FHA only.

Mortgages (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime) since 2002, based in Irvine, CA and lending in all 50 states

Information that is needed to determine if you qualify for a mortgage

Established Member
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎04-22-2015
0 Kudos

Re: FHA changing collection account, judgments & disputed account guidelines (effective 10/15/13

I know this is an old thread but i figured it made more sense to reply to it then starting a new one. 

 

The last CA on my CR is from a charge-off in 2009. It's now an unpaid collection with Midland Financial. My prospective FHA LO mentioned setting up a payment plan with them. I've had very bad experiences in the past so i really don't want to deal with them (fought with them for 1.5 years over an account they continued to try and collect on after it was paid in full to the OC). Anyway, because of this and the fact that it is due to fall off my CR next year (i also don't want to risk reaging the SOL) i'd rather just have the 5% of the total ($160/mo) added to my DTI. My DTI in a few weeks will be about 3% (29% with estimated loan) once i eliminate some CC payments so i can afford to take the hit. I realize the lender has the final call, but is this situation something that the lender would likely fight me on?    

Super Contributor
Posts: 7,915
Registered: ‎07-03-2007
0 Kudos

Re: FHA changing collection account, judgments & disputed account guidelines (effective 10/15/13


sjsoto wrote:

I know this is an old thread but i figured it made more sense to reply to it then starting a new one. 

 

The last CA on my CR is from a charge-off in 2009. It's now an unpaid collection with Midland Financial. My prospective FHA LO mentioned setting up a payment plan with them. I've had very bad experiences in the past so i really don't want to deal with them (fought with them for 1.5 years over an account they continued to try and collect on after it was paid in full to the OC). Anyway, because of this and the fact that it is due to fall off my CR next year (i also don't want to risk reaging the SOL) i'd rather just have the 5% of the total ($160/mo) added to my DTI. My DTI in a few weeks will be about 3% (29% with estimated loan) once i eliminate some CC payments so i can afford to take the hit. I realize the lender has the final call, but is this situation something that the lender would likely fight me on?    


why do they want you to do a pmt plan?

 

 

* While I try to visit the forum often, please feel free to contact me directly with a link to your post if I fail to answer a follow up question.

* Lending across the entire 'Great State of Texas' (and now Louisiana)since 2004

* The Loan Officer who you can call anytime... and answers your questions Nights & Weekends

Established Member
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎04-22-2015
0 Kudos

Re: FHA changing collection account, judgments & disputed account guidelines (effective 10/15/13


DallasLoanGuy wrote:

sjsoto wrote:

I know this is an old thread but i figured it made more sense to reply to it then starting a new one. 

 

The last CA on my CR is from a charge-off in 2009. It's now an unpaid collection with Midland Financial. My prospective FHA LO mentioned setting up a payment plan with them. I've had very bad experiences in the past so i really don't want to deal with them (fought with them for 1.5 years over an account they continued to try and collect on after it was paid in full to the OC). Anyway, because of this and the fact that it is due to fall off my CR next year (i also don't want to risk reaging the SOL) i'd rather just have the 5% of the total ($160/mo) added to my DTI. My DTI in a few weeks will be about 3% (29% with estimated loan) once i eliminate some CC payments so i can afford to take the hit. I realize the lender has the final call, but is this situation something that the lender would likely fight me on?    


why do they want you to do a pmt plan?

 

 


That was something she mentioned in the preapproval meeting. She said she would verify all of this me once the contract on the new contstruction is signed. I've signed the contract but the builder hasn't. Long story, lots of delays because it's a new subdivision and new county requirements before building can begin...I'm just trying to stay ahead of the game and see what my options are. This initial meeting was almost 2 months ago and since then i've had some small CA's deleted from my CR. Maybe, the payment plan won't be necessary once my scores improve. mid-score is currently 625

New Member
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎05-30-2015
0 Kudos

Re: FHA changing collection account, judgments & disputed account guidelines (effective 10/15/13

I know this is an older thread, but just wondering if anyone thinks FHA would make an exception for a judgment that has been included in a successfully completed and discharched chapter 13 case?
New Visitor
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎07-06-2015
0 Kudos

Re: FHA changing collection account, judgments & disputed account guidelines (effective 10/15/13


angelinaballerina wrote:
I know this is an older thread, but just wondering if anyone thinks FHA would make an exception for a judgment that has been included in a successfully completed and discharched chapter 13 case?

Did you ever get this straigntened out?  I'm in a very similar situation.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.