cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA - concerned about loan officer - help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FHA - concerned about loan officer - help!

I have started the process for an FHA loan for new construction. When they pulled my credit, medical bill collections appeared on my report from a worker's comp case that is currently in litigation. I contacted my lawyer and he sent a letter to the collection agency. The collection agency just put paperwork in to delete all these accounts. The loan officer told me she does not want to wait for my new credit report. She wants to move forward with the way it is. She said that I am going to have to write a letter explaining the medical collections and what I have done to rectify the situation and that will get sent to the underwriter. She said that if I get approved it will be with the condition that they pull my credit report again before settlement to check that the collection accounts had indeed been removed.

Does this make sense to anybody? Can't she wait a couple weeks and pull my credit again so that my middle score is back up around 680? My middle score right now is 605. I don't think I should have to explain things that should not (and will not in a couple weeks) be on my credit report. I am buying new construction and will not settle on my house until August or September. Do you think it is okay to move forward as is, or should I push her to wait?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FHA - concerned about loan officer - help!

As long as you are content to wait before you submit an offer, there is no reason why you can't wait for the credit reports to update.
Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: FHA - concerned about loan officer - help!

What is the need to rush, or is just because the loan officer will get paid faster?
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.