Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA down payment

tag
jonjohn
Contributor

Re: FHA down payment

I would assume that it  was with permit. Like I stated, the utilities are all separate. So, they would have had to "legally" turn it into a duplex. Although, it may be zoned as a single family dwelling. The people that own the house aren't amatuers.. They own tons of properties including senior citizen high rises run by the state. He was a builder and built many housing developements in my area. So, again, I assume they did what they had to. Since I am living in the house and it is technically "not for sale" to anyone excpet myself, I have time to investigate. It's hard too because I have a first time buyer and I am doing this without a realtor.. Gets a bit confusing.

Starting Score: EQ 625 TU 630
Current Score: EX 711 EQ 685 TU 680
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 13
IOBA
Senior Contributor

We are here to help you as much as we can, with the information you provide.

Check out county records - many are available online.

Message 12 of 13
veracious
Established Contributor

Many builders have the municipal and utility inspectors in their back pocket, if you know what I mean.

Are you saying that their are two electrical services on the building and two natural gas meters installed,

and two water meters?

One other thing that I would check is, as others have said, perhaps the property is listed as single family

because of  property tax rates. This would also be cause for concern, as it may have to be reassessed at

a higher rate. In general, you should proceed with caution since the property has many issues.

Good Luck

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.