cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA financing through Chase? Minimum Score?

tag
flash2093
Valued Member

FHA financing through Chase? Minimum Score?

I am already approved for FHA financing through my local broker. But the property I am interested in-- needs me to get pre-approved through Chase. What kind of scores/credit is needed for Chase? My current scores are EX 650 EQ 654 TU 681. Would I get approved through Chase with these scores? There is one more factor, I had an old account (about 10yrs old) from a Chase CC that went an upaid. It's not on my CR. I'm not sure if that would play a factor.

Starting Score:(11/2012) EQ 611
Previous Scores:(2/12) EQ 616 - (3/15) EQ 628 - (3/28) EQ 636 - (4/5) EQ 639
3 Current Scores 6/1/13: EX 650 EQ 654 TU 681
Goal Score:660

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: FHA financing through Chase? Minimum Score?

Sounds like you are looking at a short sale or an REO property.  Most require that you submit docs to the lender handling the REO or short sale to double check that your lender actually reviewed your tax returns, pay stubs, w-2's etc. Believe it or not, there are brokers out there that issue "pre-approvals" without checking your income or asset documentation. You should be fine. The ten yr old debt won't likely be an issue. Nothing worse than going through the entire process and then finding out that you can't close because your lender didn't do step 1.  This is supposed to prevent that from happening.

Message 2 of 3
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: FHA financing through Chase? Minimum Score?

@flash2093 wrote:

I am already approved for FHA financing through my local broker. But the property I am interested in-- needs me to get pre-approved through Chase. What kind of scores/credit is needed for Chase? My current scores are EX 650 EQ 654 TU 681. Would I get approved through Chase with these scores? There is one more factor, I had an old account (about 10yrs old) from a Chase CC that went an upaid. It's not on my CR. I'm not sure if that would play a factor.

I refinanced my current home through Chase, and at the time, the LO told us that Chase's policy was mid-score of 660 and above.  This was an FHA streamiline refinance.  Not sure if this has changed.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.