Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA guidelines

tag
MOMO30
Regular Contributor

FHA guidelines

Hello, I am in the process of repairing my credit and I have read on the boards that FHA may have a new rule come July as far as collections My question is if u have a charge off from 2006 dofd 3/2006 reporting a zero balance How would that be looked at?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
co791
Established Member

Re: FHA guidelines

If Im not mistaken, charge offs with a balance of 1000 dollars or more are being scrutinized only.

Message 2 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

collections: if they are $1000 or all add up to $1000, they have to be paid.

$0 balance?  <= not affected by the new rule.

Certainly ANY credit item good or bad will affect the loan. But this isn't an issue for you

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 6
vol4life
Valued Member

The collections over 1000 doesn't go into affect until July correct?
Message 4 of 6
MOMO30
Regular Contributor

Yes hopefully it gets extended just a little longer maybe Dallas knows something
Message 5 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@vol4life wrote:
The collections over 1000 doesn't go into affect until July correct?

Technically.... the rule went into effect and then was pulled because they got a lot of blowback from the industry.

They postponed putting the rule in effect until July 1st(i think july 1st) and took comments from the public.

Cliff notes answer: The rule may very well be different when it is rolled out in July..... It wasn't just delayed... it is being reconsidered.

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.