Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FHA help

Maybe you guys can help me, my scores are between 560 and 570.  I have obtained an Orchard Bank secured credit card and have maintained it for almost a year.  My husband and I are working steadily.  I have two items on my credit report that I have been fighting because I believe they are not mine and the companies they come from are refusing to show me any paperwork proving that they are.  My daughter is getting closer to school age and we live in a town with a very unpleasant school system.  I have been trying to secure a mortgage to by a house in the next town due to their vastly better schools.  I have contacted a few mortgage companies how have told me that they will put us on the right track and we can qualify in about 3-4 months.  However I haven't heard back from any of them in a while.  I really want to raise my daughter in a better place but I need someone to point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FHA help

I would recommend getting all 3 of your reports (free once a year) and the same for your husband.  Take a hilighter and mark all the negative items - late payments, collection accounts, etc.  Then head to the Rebuilding your credit forum and let them know what you have.  They'll give you some good ideas for improving your credit.  You will probably need a 620 mid-score to get a loan.  They will take your middle score and your husband's middle score and use the lower of the two.  So if you both plan on being on the loan, check out both sets of scores.  Good luck!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.