Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA increasing FICO levels to 620?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FHA increasing FICO levels to 620?

My mortgage person I've been talking to told me that FHA recently raised the minimum FICO score from 580 to 620? I hadn't seen that mentioned on here, and I thought I'd see if anybody had heard similar things.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
TraumaDrea
Valued Member

Re: FHA increasing FICO levels to 620?

I just spoke with my broker he has not heard that.
Traumajunkie "I am not saying I want you to get hurt, I just want to be there when you do! "
Message 2 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

FHA never set a minimum score. So 580 isn't it.
500 seems to be the cutoff. But most will be at 530+

Sounds like this loan officer is just selling what he has access to. And his lender raised their minimum score?!?!?

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, I understand. Thank you for the help! This forum is incredibly informative and helpful.
Message 4 of 7
BP2003
Regular Contributor

I spoke to a loan officer from Countrywide (I already had my 3 scores in hand 511 EQ, 547 TR & 606 EX).  He told me that he couldn't even consider a FHA loan until I had a 620 median score.  Smiley Sad  None the less, I took that punch to the gut and got back to working to clean up my credit.
***From ashy to classy***
Message 5 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

BP2003 wrote:
I spoke to a loan officer from Countrywide (I already had my 3 scores in hand 511 EQ, 547 TR & 606 EX).  He told me that he couldn't even consider a FHA loan until I had a 620 median score.  Smiley Sad  None the less, I took that punch to the gut and got back to working to clean up my credit.

Strangely, I can sell them a 575 FICO deal today.

Noone Can Screw Up Like Countrywide Can.

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends on the lender.  My lender bumped my interest rate up a little for having a score less than 600 (it was according to their guidelines).  I still paid a point and it helped. 
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.