Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA lender Illinois

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FHA lender Illinois

Hi Guys,I'm looking to buy a house or a condo...First time home buyer..Any advice on which lender to use for a Fha loan?.Credit is TU 637,EQ 657,Exp 634 (faiko).. any suggestions?..Thank You

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: FHA lender Illinois

Have you checked with friends and family to see who they have used? This is always a good place to start

If that doesnt work there are a lot of sources for FHA but you may run into a few banks that will not do scores below 640

If that happens a broker may be a good choice since they should have an option for your situation

Good Luck

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 4
tbque
Valued Contributor

Hey Brian, I have a question. I was told by a Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Consultant yesterday that their FHA product only requires a 600 Fico? Do you know if this is correct or not? And if so where might they be more stringent in their requirements because of accepting a lower score? Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

If they can do to a 600 I would expect for there to be some pricing adjustment

and them to really look closely at the file to make sure everything else looks really good.

It used to be that score didnt matter for an FHA loan, just credit over the last 12-24 months but that has changed over the last couple of years

Good Luck

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.