MrMaryland

FHA loan, 600 fico... need a lender

[ Edited ]

I've been a member of myfico for awhile and finally stumbled across the board,good reading!

Heres my scenario... I'm a first time homebuyer(25 years old) and I'm trying to buy my childhood home. My fico floats from 590-620. At the moment its 600. I'm expecting 3rd party approval by the end of january(house is in short sale) so I don't have the time to get above 620 even though I'm trying my best!... Can somebody point me in the direction of a lender that will approve me at 600? I have a decent income of $53,000+ that I've grossed every year the past 5 years with the same employer ... 3.5% down payment isnt a problem.  Heeeeelp

Message Edited by MrMaryland on 12-21-2009 12:12 PM
Regular Contributor

Re: FHA loan, 600 fico... need a lender

I'm not sure you are going to find a lender that will approve you. Is there anything you can do to get your scores up? High credit card utilization that you can pay down? That's the only way I know of quickly raising your score. Good luck!
Regular Contributor
donkort

I've heard that Bank of America has special programs.  Their minimum is 620 (as of November)--but there is a reference to special programs (which, I would guess, would mean higher interest rates and more points).  Perhaps you could talk to somebody there--who knows.  Don't allow them to pull your credit, though. 
Super Contributor
DallasLoanGuy

any credit cards you can pay down

?

loan officer could do a rapid rescore with new balances

* While I try to visit the forum often, please feel free to contact me directly with a link to your post if I fail to answer a follow up question.

* Lending across the entire 'Great State of Texas' since 2004

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+