Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA loan in California with subprime credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FHA loan in California with subprime credit

Oh and the good news is all debt is mine - husband has none - he just also has very little credit - we are a great combo and are trying to find a good mid point lol - so since the lowest midpoint is currently mine if we can get that one up and his up a bit we may be able to hit 620

Message 11 of 18
Lemmus
Established Contributor

Smiley Very Happy•º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º•GOOD NEWS•º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º•Smiley Very Happy

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 12 of 18
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Also, OP....I suggest opting out of credit card pre-approvals. This will help keep any junk debt collector from learning of your mortgage apps.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you frugalQ - that was great advice that both my husband and I took - we opt'd out

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sent you a private message! I will be able to help you Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 18
Lemmus
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sent you a private message! I will be able to help you Smiley Happy

...there you go unix! ...myFico strikes again Smiley Very Happy 

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:  We have been working closely (and man oh man do I owe him a Beer or 12) with dpeezy.  We have spent seems like every waking moment scrubbing our reports.  We found out husband's ex-wife and daughter both forged his signatures on things and have gotten those at least where they can no longer use the accounts and we will never have him without credit monitoring again due to this.

We did get my balances down and even the one non medical collection (my only open collection) with a PFD Smiley Happy  Thank goodness that CA hated the original creditor and said they were a constant problem.  We have scrimped and saved and everything on everything not used in paying down balances and now all we can do is wait.  We will know about our preapproval in about two weeks.

Our original Mortgage scores were me: EFX 579/XPN 630/TU 600  Husband EFX 578/XPN 607/TU 618

We need a 620 - we have seen our FICO 08 go up for both of us with only a few things reporting yet. 

So please send good juju and also accept my thanks - I read this forum religiously and have learned so much in a short time.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Update:  We have been working closely (and man oh man do I owe him a Beer or 12) with dpeezy.  We have spent seems like every waking moment scrubbing our reports.  We found out husband's ex-wife and daughter both forged his signatures on things and have gotten those at least where they can no longer use the accounts and we will never have him without credit monitoring again due to this.

We did get my balances down and even the one non medical collection (my only open collection) with a PFD Smiley Happy  Thank goodness that CA hated the original creditor and said they were a constant problem.  We have scrimped and saved and everything on everything not used in paying down balances and now all we can do is wait.  We will know about our preapproval in about two weeks.

Our original Mortgage scores were me: EFX 579/XPN 630/TU 600  Husband EFX 578/XPN 607/TU 618

We need a 620 - we have seen our FICO 08 go up for both of us with only a few things reporting yet. 

So please send good juju and also accept my thanks - I read this forum religiously and have learned so much in a short time.

good_juju.png

Sending you Good Juju!!!! Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.