cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA loan with a car repossession.

tag
texas1286

FHA loan with a car repossession.

My husband and I are qualified in every aspect for a conventional loan, except for one problem. There is an unpaid voluntary car repossession on my husbands credit report dated back to 2009. Our LO advised to just wait until it drops off in about 18 months but we are wanting to try everything possible to get into a home before then.

The repossession has a balance of 10,000, does anybody know of any options to get this taken care of other than paying the balance in full? Also, would we qualify for an FHA mortgage loan with this repossession? Its not a judgement either.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
edcampbell613
Contributor

Re: FHA loan with a car repossession.

Find a different lender, sounds like you are looking at a big bank,

Most lenders would just ask for a letter of explanation regarding it.

Message 2 of 4
texas1286

Awesome, that's what I've been reading, thank you for your response!
Message 3 of 4
notfancy
Valued Contributor

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you're from Texas, so check out this thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/State-Resources/td-p/376615

I know Texas is particularly consumer friendly and so perhaps there is something in your codes and statutes that would help you get that repo of your credit report sooner. I don't know how or what, but it can never hurt to know your state's debt laws.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.